cherokee fans: check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
very funny, nice pic yo. like the "welded" rear there too. that would suck to be on the trail and have that happen or worse be driving and have it happen, oooohhhh that would suck.

i gotta admit though, what that cherokee is trying to do with do with a D35 on those rocks, i wouldnt necessarily attempt route and thats probably whats kept me from breakin one is keeping away from rocks that big. having that said, with a Doubler that ive almost finished, i would do that now since torque and ratio would allow me to really crawl through those rocks and probably prevent it but normally yes, i would stay away from what he's doing in the picture and figure a better route around it.

nope cant say I have. ive never abused mine enough to brake them. maybe that's the beauty of having 4 kids and limited funds is that it forces me to still have fun and do what I want but be smarter to not brake stuff. Im sure if money wasn't such an issue, I might brake stuff more often but even that gets old on the trail. its more fun to be able to keep going and make it back home everytime. getting stuck however, I've had my share of some baaaaddddd stucks that even dozers could budge me until half of my rear frame was ripped off, he he, that was in raliegh one time and it was pretty bad and ugly but since then I learned to poke with stick first, then go through. im sure weve all learned that lesson.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

well, once again my kinda fun is enjoying riding, mud especially, posing on stuff, hill climbs that i can manage without rolling, not much rocks or rocky hills, and i just enjoy being able to most of the time drive back home. now ive broken PLENTY of u-joints, driveshafts, gearbox bolts, and axle joints in front but never exploded a D35 or 8.25 welded or not. however, yes youre right about one thing, ive never done anything stupid or "I Know I shouldn't do that" type of stuff with jeep axles and thats what has kept me in one piece all these years, i believe, and I had a really GOOD teacher from the getgo who taught me about jeeps and what to do and not to do to keep going and make them last. I guess i stuck with his advise pretty good and went from there.

*cough* double bullshit *cough*

ohh yeah and to more show off a cherokee D35 listen to this: NO LIE AT ALL>>>>my biggest cherokee was 12"lift on 39.5"Truxs Load Range E stock axles and of course new front xles but original D35 131K mile rear diff Pulled a heavy azz explorer up my steep driveway around a sharp curve at the top and anther 80ft or so with 7" of snow on that driveway holding wide open throttle the whole way with built 4.0L and stock drivetrain and when i say WOT i mean WOT and only broke a right front axle joint on the curve but kept on it in 3wheel drive the rest of the way. my neighbor was out plowing his driveway and he even told me i was crazy but yet the COOLEST thing he's ever seen a cherokee do and yet would be afraid to do that with his V8 Tundra he has sittin there. Thats what I love to do with Jeeps cause the look on peoples faces is priceless and on the trail even more priceless, especially those who bend down to see the diffs first, then look up shaking their head, but then they go, 'wow'.. 'damn' look at that little jeep go. Im sure you know those 39.5 Truxs load range E are HEAVY HEAVY but wouldn't think twice about doing that again on snow of course, probably mud too, but anything that had rocks or bumps and such, wouldn't even try it so it just depends. I WISH I HAD THE VIDEO TO SHOW YOU THIS PULL, YOU WOULD BE LIKE "DAAAIIIIAAAAMMMMNNNN" thats one crazy son of a .......and probably waiting to hear a snap crackel pop.he he

triple bullshit.

no lie, if you've never been that stuck than go find a couple construction sites and drive down into one of those doughnut shaped holes, you'll see what i mean

i think youre confusing your type of wheeling with whats called "mall crawling" because that rock thats in that picture is not that bad looking....id hit that in my samurai when it was only locked in the rear on street tires a month after i got it

no lie, if you've never been that stuck than go find a couple construction sites and drive down into one of those doughnut shaped holes, you'll see what i mean

please post pic's & videos of your badassery & skilled driving.

Pic's or your full of shit...

In all seriousness, I wheeled for a long time with tires that everyone said was too big for my axles. I wheeled for a long time with a limited slip in the rear even though everyone said "just get a locker". the main thing is get out there and have fun. But if you break a D35 with 38" tires, be prepared for the I told you so's to come from every angle. And may god have mercy on you if have the trail blocked when it happens.

thank you strange1, thats what the rest of all these folks need to realize is its just having fun but everyone always wants to be in a pissing contest. so you know what for the rest of you out there with those hater comments, go piss on each others rigs and talk smak to your own rig and stop always competing. this sport is not about always competing, its about whos got what, whey they built with it, where they took it and "cool, lets keep doing it and better luck next time" instead of "ur full of crap...bla bla bla" yall are just mad you can't handle a xj....oooopppss did i say that. YES NOW IM BEING AN ARSS.

ohh yeah too, pay attention to the forum people, this is "CHEROKEE FANS CHECK IT OUT" so BUT OUT if your not a cherokee fan otherwise, visit and keep your comments and paws to yourselves. Thank you

thank you strange1, thats what the rest of all these folks need to realize is its just having fun but everyone always wants to be in a pissing contest. so you know what for the rest of you out there with those hater comments, go piss on each others rigs and talk smak to your own rig and stop always competing. this sport is not about always competing, its about whos got what, whey they built with it, where they took it and "cool, lets keep doing it and better luck next time" instead of "ur full of crap...bla bla bla" yall are just mad you can't handle a xj....oooopppss did i say that. YES NOW IM BEING AN ARSS.

So I guess in all those years of wheeling you have no pics or videos of your badassery?

you dont see us xj guys ever puttin down your samis, chevys and what not so piss off you jeep haters or we'll run you over with our xjs on 38s and 40s with doublers and then we'll shit our D35 out on your hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i did but i have nothing to prove to guys like you anyways, yall are just lookin for peons you call us to pick on

you dont see us xj guys ever puttin down your samis, chevys and what not so piss off you jeep haters or we'll run you over with our xjs on 38s and 40s with doublers and then we'll shit our D35trying to get on your on your hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fixed this for you.

You sir, have showed that you're a complete idiot.

I drive a little jeep too, 1948 willy.

Yeah, I wheeled an xj for a long time. And have likely worked on as many of them or possibly more of them than yourself. That's why I have come to the conclusion that they are decent for being a station wagon, but in no way are built from the factory for going offroad. I think we've all driven powerline trails and fire roads in stock two and four wheel drive vehicles, we just have the sense to realize no one else cares. Everyone knows "that guy" with the stock blazer on 33's that will go anywhere anytime, can't ever get stuck and will drive circles around any other rig out there...you're just an internet version of "that guy".

sure so peace out yall, im gonna go to more friendly happy threads where the talk is positive and not so demeaning. happy trailin to you guys though!

I also have a Cherokee. I have lots of friends on here that are always quick to lend a hand and give good sound advise. Think I will stick around also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i was thinking of starting a new tread for doubler in xj? what u think? needing some advise on cross member build and such, linkage,reinforment before i take it out and play with it

First off from one jeeper to another your jeep looks like :poop:. I am in boone quite often and I would love to see your jeep. Maybe I can buy your d35 and you can have my locked 8.25 since it is so reliable. I originally commented on this thread because I wanted to offer some criticism because your jeep is pretty unacceptable and are putting peoples lives at risk if you even think of driving that around boone and that pisses me off. On top of that you are bragging about it :gay: . I am guilty of not having a sway bar or a parking brake but come on. That jeep is not even close to being driven on the road safely. Have you even considered upgrading the brakes for the giant tires? What about the steering so it all doesn't fall apart? Nobody knows! I wouldn't be saying this but the hills in boone are awful and it makes it even worse when there is a stop sign at the bottom of most hills. You couldn't pay me to drive that jeep because I can just see that jeep sailing through a traffic light or stop sign intersection with the brake pedal to the floor. Maybe I am just being overcautious but I am pretty sure when jeep designed the braking system they didn't have big ol super swampers attached to them in mind. The last thing the off roading community needs is an irresponsible "offroader" driving his claimed to be heavily modified square boddied heep on the road and getting in an accident possibly causing a fatal accident.

It is pretty embarrassing that every time I log in to scan around the forum this thread keeps getting clogged up with people frustrated with you and you just reply some illiterate bull. How about showing us some build process pictures? That tends to shut (some) people up. Your profile says the Appalachian State "Mountaineer" XJ was your project. Pretty jeep for a mall crawler. Or is that all smoke? But your jeep, what happened? Really.

A lot of the long time forum readers/writers have brains when it comes to posting on here. You have none. Members like you don't last very long because you have already built your reputation for being an idiot :shaking:

If you want to make nice I would suggesting starting a new thread with how you built your xj and maybe a little bit of preview of your experience. It doesn't matter if you have a decade of experience or none. People like pictures cough cough.

If you can't do that then don't bother posting in nc4x4 again because you have already sent people on here to a boil point, good people that just try to offer very good and money saving advice.

oooohhhhh, my bad i didnt know 44s,60s,rockwels, expensive lockers and such was money saving advise. and as for driving a cherokee on 38s, or the big ASU jeep on 39.5s i guess you just need to learn how to drive in the mountains and use the trans and brakes at the sae time to brake but you're a pro so i shouldnt have to tell you that, right. please people, don't tell someone how to drive their rig on or off the trail. stick to what you know and keep it to yourself if you "don't trust my build" and my frustration from the getgo was he fact that most people are always doggin people with their build instead of helping/encouraging them so piss off, culd care less what you think about my "Granade" cherokee.

here, willthat shut you up then if pictures is all you guys go by

Attachments

• new green jeep.jpg
    new green jeep.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 391
here, willthat shut you up then if pictures is all you guys go by

This is you wheeling that badass jeep? Now I understand:confused:, your a web wheeler, no real experiance just talk alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back