charger advice for a lipo battery

I'm thinking about upgrading to lipo's. I've heard rummors of guys getting 4 -6 hours from one charge on thier lipo's. Is this true?
If this is the case, it only makes since. Buy fewer batteries and won't have to carry so many....[/QUOTE/]
in my own opinion it was the single best upgrade i have done to my ax10. Its a lot smoother power and last way longer than the two battteries i used to have on mine. Takes about an hour or so to fully charge but just messing with it about an hour or so a day i can go for several days and that driving about wide open most of the time. It does cost a little bit, but if you shop around i got my battery and charger for right over $100

I have 2 4000 mah 2s 50c LiPos for my Wraith. I literally get bored before I can get the 2nd battery drained.

I keep my stuff charged with a Thunder Power TP610C-acdc, works well and fast.

I have 2 4000 mah 2s 50c LiPos for my Wraith. I literally get bored before I can get the 2nd battery drained.

I keep my stuff charged with a Thunder Power TP610C-acdc, works well and fast.
what brand batterys are you using?

I'm thinking about upgrading to lipo's. I've heard rummors of guys getting 4 -6 hours from one charge on thier lipo's. Is this true?
If this is the case, it only makes since. Buy fewer batteries and won't have to carry so many....

We left Rhodhiss at around 3. I had just put my second battery pack in a maybe 15 minutes before that, and got there around 12. Close to 3 hours of run time really isnt bad, and it had maybe an hour more time run in Boone.

I run 3s 40c Sky Lipo's. (http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3000-3s1p-40c-3333.html) that battery to be exact.

Most batteries are pretty much the same now, at least with Lipo. Just make sure your wire gauge is at least 12. I cut off those crap banana plugs and soldered on Deans too, MUCH better.

I just got an Axial and an E-maxx. Good to see this section on nc4x4. I'll be looking to you guys for some advice.
My first question with a Lipo battery I bought for the axial, it has two connectors, dude said it was a balancer for memory or something like that. I don't believe the current setup on the axial i got has two connections from the old battery to the ESC.
May have to take a pic and show ya

if its the small connector youre talking about then its for ballancing the battery when you charge it, it does not get connected or used while your running it in your crawler....either your charger will have the ballance plug on it or you will have to buy a ballancer to use with your charger

Yup, that small plug is for a balancer (which you NEED to have)

Its not really for memory, Lipos dont really get that. Its actually to make sure that all the cells in the lipo are getting charged evenly, otherwise the battery could fail and blow up :lol:

Aaah. I see.
I have a charger with a couple different types of battery to select to charge and LiPo is one of them.
I guess I need to get a balancer now.
I swear the previous battery didn't have an extra connection tho. Need to try it out first.
I've been so busy workin on that emaxx for my son's birthday though, I haven't had a chance to investigate the axial's status.
I'll post up what I can find out.
Thanks again fellas

old battery is a lipo 7.4v 2s 1250 Mah and no balancer connector
Township95195Harrisburg-20111206-0_rsz.jpg

Bought a new one today 2000 mah Venom 20c with all the connectors in the package.

Haven't got the balancer yet but I also looked at the ESC. It's a rooster crawler Novak. Says it got lipo and all that on the side. Checked the site and I think I'm good there.
I do see another thread on the same ESC i mentioned. (I'll add to that once I get the crawler running if I got questions on the ESC)

I'm new at this shit so appreciate all the help I can get.
A little fun wheelin when I'm not wheelin would be great.
I know my boy loves his eMax - as long as it fully charged up!
this is a pic of the axial I got with no body on it. Thanks Rich!
0126120001_rsz.jpg

That looks to be an AX10. The 1200-1500 mah would be a good size for that but will cut down on runtime. The 2000mah will work fine but will put more weight higher up on the chassis which will cause it to roll over easier. Have to find that balance between battery capacity for more runtime vs. battery size for better performance/less weight.

Back