Auto painter - RTP +2hrs

Jeffncs

Good morning!

I’m looking for a painter to shoot my 65 mustang convertible. Body is all steel and most bodywork is 90%+ ready.

I’m not looking for a showcar paint job. Rather looking for a nice driver.

Ideally I’d love to find someone within an hour is so of the Raleigh-Durham area

Thanks!

I had my old dodge repainted at Maaco in Cary - 8320 Chapel Hill Rd. Cary, NC 27513. I know Maaco and other "cheaper" places have a reputation, but that one is a franchise and had really good reviews, along with restoration projects in house that they let me check out. I'm checking with another friend who had a ramcharger painted in the Raleigh area and will post that up once I hear from him.

I had my old dodge repainted at Maaco in Cary - 8320 Chapel Hill Rd. Cary, NC 27513. I know Maaco and other "cheaper" places have a reputation, but that one is a franchise and had really good reviews, along with restoration projects in house that they let me check out. I'm checking with another friend who had a ramcharger painted in the Raleigh area and will post that up once I hear from him.
Awesome! Thank you!! The Raleigh and Durham shops have terrible reviews; Cary sounds promising. I can’t afford to do this twice but also can’t afford to drop $10k+ on paint.

Update from my buddy - he had his ramcharger painted at the same Maaco. The owner retired and that location closed, sorry for the bad news. He did say that Raleigh Speed Shop is good, but pricey.

I found a guy here in RTP that came with super high recommendations. I liked his estimate and he has my car now.

I had a heck of a time finding a shop willing to shoot the car for less than $10k. …and that was best case scenario!

All_Right_Then,_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg

I need a painter for my bronco still…. Don’t want him getting lined up with y’all’s junk and I lose my only painter!!! j/k!

He’s a super nice guy running a small shop and only takes on 1 “project” at a time as a side job to his core business (collision). Once I see the quality of his work on my own car, I’ll share his name across the mountain tops. Can’t speak for his work…yet!

I found a guy here in RTP that came with super high recommendations. I liked his estimate and he has my car now.

I had a heck of a time finding a shop willing to shoot the car for less than $10k. …and that was best case scenario!
Sounds like I need to polish up and build a booth out back.

Sounds like I need to polish up and build a booth out back.

If you’re any good at it (even halfway decent), there’s a lot of money to be made. I can do respectable body work and paint - considered buying one of those inflatable booths and shooting it myself.

In the end, this car is going to be borderline showcar and warrants a pro paint job.

Last edited:
Back