'81 Project Toy Full width Build up, Finally got it on the Trails....

Wow man i just now caught this thread,I think I saw yall at uwharrie last summer though.Awesome yota!

That turned out pretty good. How much adjustability did you build into the axle end upper mounts... or what results will they give you on the 4-link calc?

The axle end has 2", 4", and 5". The 2" is there so I can revert back to the original configuration if i dont like the new setup.

Im not sure how what how different the numbers would be at the 5" position vs the 4" I didnt run the numbers.

looks really nice I have always had a soft heart for the old round light yotas. to bad there are not many around any more

Back from the dead.. since some new additions are planned and John could not find the thread :)

Yeah yeah..

Since the last post here there have been some changes. Converted to propane, blew up 2 motors, got rid of propane for a 3rz, a new flashy mustard yellow paint job, LED light bar, sway bar, PSC full hydro, and most importantly some boat speakers for some tunes.

This winter I will redo the suspension with coil overs, new intake, and making more room in the cab.

Here is a recent pic from Ivy Branch.

ai1301.photobucket.com_albums_ag116_cnc4x4photos_2014_2008_20Ivy_20Branch_20WV_image_zps95cdfa19.jpg

Flashy mustard yellow! LMAO! Rig looks awesome!

Nice hopefully this year we can do some rideing I drive past you and see the truck everyday dropping my little girl off at daycare

Awesome! I have read this build on pirate like 3 times and always wondered if this things was still around. How difficult was the 3rz swap? I've been tossing around the idea but I don't have a lot of experience under the hood

Awesome! I have read this build on pirate like 3 times and always wondered if this things was still around. How difficult was the 3rz swap? I've been tossing around the idea but I don't have a lot of experience under the hood

It really wasnt bad. Since I had the L4 transmission I had to redo my transmission mounts but that wasnt a big deal. I ordered the chilcat motor mounts and a it went right in with the right trans and bell housing. For wiring, I chose to swap the dash and all wiring from a taco. At some point I will thin down the harness but its not important right now. Its a great motor, lots more power than the 22r I had before.

What about tube doors or half doors? That would help your space issue

Mocked up a heat shield for the new intake I'm making. I need to find some 5/8 and 3/8 tube for the vacuum ports then I'll make the shield out of 1/8 aluminum.

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7555_15656493823_c83656b0d3_c.jpg

Back