2022 Work Day Schedule

ghost

Just in case anyone wants to know that isn't on the list.

UWHARRIE NATIONAL FOREST

VOLUNTEER WORK DAY SCHEDULE

TRAILS OPEN ON FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

JANUARY 29

FEBRUARY 26

MARCH 19

APRIL 23

MAY 21

JUNE 25

JULY 16*

AUGUST 20*

SEPTEMBER 17

OCTOBER 15

NOVEMBER 19

OHV TRAILS CLOSE ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2021

*FOR JULY & AUGUST WORK DAYS THE FOREST SERVICE WON’T PLAN ANY SPECIFIC PROJECTS DUE TO THE LIKLIHOOD THAT WE’LL BE ON FIRE DETAILS. VOLUNTEERS CAN DO GENERAL TRASH CLEAN-UP, BRUSH BACK THE TRAILS, AND CLEAN OUT TAIL DITCHES/LEAD-OFF DITCHES.​

EMAIL TERRY SAVERY ANY VOLUNTEER WORK HOURS YOU OR YOUR CLUB DOES THAT IS NOT ON A SCHEDULED WORK DAY TOO.

My club shared that Saturday’s (1/29) URE volunteer day may get postponed or canceled due to weather. Keep your eyes open if you were thinking about going.

My club shared that Saturday’s (1/29) URE volunteer day may get postponed or canceled due to weather. Keep your eyes open if you were thinking about going.
I received that email from Terry. I forgot I had posted this here. Thanks for updating people.

Just in from Terry, Workday cancelled for this month.

Hi Everyone – Susan and I are making the decision to cancel tomorrow’s work day due to the incoming winter storm. Since everyone comes from so many different directions there is a good chance that we’ll all experience different levels of snow from 1 to 3 inches, it’ll be very cold and we don’t want anyone to be out on the roads when there will most likely be a weather emergency in the state. We will hopefully have better luck in February and we’ll plan on doing the replacement and repairs to the timber fencing around the OHV trailheads and on some of the trails on that day. The next OHV work day is scheduled for February 26th. Please email me or mail me your volunteer forms, membership rosters and if you’re doing a trail adoption you can send those forms in to me too. Make sure you sign them before you mail them or email the to me. Please pass this information onto other folks that may have been planning on volunteer this weekend. Thanks a lot.

Stay safe. Thanks a lot. Bye - Terry

Back