Random pic thread.

In case you're looking for a little something to get yourself for Christmas, head down the Great Outdoors Provisions and get you a pair of socks with yours truly on the packaging!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448471492.043595.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448471501.341625.jpg

Last edited:
1125152159.jpg
............first for me, it's a brine made w a package of mulling spices + brn sug, molasses,salt. I've never tried it but have used orange peel, allspice and clove in brines for past turkeys..........I added peppercorns and some fresh rosemary. I always smoke them but gots to work so the misses is gonna bake it.

Doing my annual Thanksgiving archaeology dig in historic Camden SC. It's nice having a retired historian as a stepfather that knows where to look.
Found this so far, SC dispensary circa 1893-1907
IMG_20151126_115120072.jpg

belt.jpg
who remembers getting the hot wheel track spanking? I can remember the sting and whistling sound the track made when swung at high speed by my mom. My neighbors mom wore out some wire flyswatters whipping her 2 boys and I could hear it whistling from my house while they wailed. My dad made me and my brother go get his belt off his dresser when we needed a spankin.............If we refused he would get it and pop it fast and loud while coming back down the hall. One time he whipped my brother for laughing at me while I got whipped !

Last edited:
View attachment 202473 who remembers getting the hot wheel track spanking?
Yep!

Also, my mom had a piece of 1/4" plywood that was cut out in the shape of a hand that they would use on me and brothers. Well, I went first, then when my brother was getting his and I was standing there rubbing my ass, the hand broke and flew off. He made the mistake of laughing and that's when we heard the sound of the belt coming off, "THUP THUP THUP THUP!"

I still remember the look in his eyes when we heard that.

Doing my annual Thanksgiving archaeology dig in historic Camden SC. It's nice having a retired historian as a stepfather that knows where to look.
Found this so far, SC dispensary circa 1893-1907
View attachment 202454
put it in the kitchen window and what color will it turn?Camden? Shoot,ya'll need to be digging homesites from the mid 1700s.

put it in the kitchen window and what color will it turn?Camden? Shoot,ya'll need to be digging homesites from the mid 1700s.
The house is located in the downtown historic district at the base of Hobkirk hill and a block away from the infamous Kirkwood hotel ruins. This is part of the old trash dump of the hotel. And don't worry, I do my fair share of metal detecting too. Have a king George coin dropped in a British camp along with a nice mess of musket rounds.

Cornwallis crossed the Neuse River roughly 8 or so miles from the house on his move north from Wilmington. Only item I picked up from this was a pewter spoon handle that might be from this. it's period but then again can't put it to his troops. There was an engagement here also on the 19th of March-1865. Pulled cannon ball frags,case shot,enfield butt plate,etc. from the swamps.
I do prefer colonial era house sites.

Back