WTF Google

jeepinmatt

..l.
<rant>
Why do they continue to make everything worse? In the past couple of years, ive noticed the following:
1. Search results driven entirely by product placement instead of search result data. The "shopping" tab used to work really well. Now it sucks and pulls in unrelated results and has a crap layout. But now if you search, you get a shiton of product results and little to no useful results.

2. Extra click to edit URL in Chrome mobile: You used to be able to just click on the URL and edit or select, share, whatever. But now you click on it and it pulls up an icon menu which is a pain because its an extra click to do anything with the URL (except search for crappy product based results).

3. Swipe on news feed: You used to be able to simply swipe away stories and they were gone. Now you have to click on a tiny icon in the bottom corner, then select "Hide Story " from a list of small, closely spaced options, which often results in an accidental click of "Download Link" or something.

4. Videos in image search results. Self F'n explanatory. 80% of the search results on the "Images" tab are stills from a friggin video. There's a "Videos" tab for that so don't fill my image search with this useless drivel.

5. On the latest Chrome update which I got this evening, there are now 6 recent sites icons instead of 8.
Screenshot_20210126-205723_Chrome.jpg
Theres already plenty of real estate on the page. So why reduce the amount of useful content? Do they really think I'm going to want to click the big Google icon (which BTW is just dead text and not even a link) to go search for some product placement videos in my crappy image search results instead of going to the sites i regularly visit?

Theres a lot more, but these are just on my recent annoyances list.
</rant>

Last edited:
You ok buddy?lol
No worse than normal. If the world heard all my gripes...
I just don't understand why the heck they would bother to recode these things. Especially the recent sites one that they just rolled out.

No worse than normal. If the world heard all my gripes...
I just don't understand why the heck they would bother to recode these things. Especially the recent sites one that they just rolled out.
How old are you?

Maybe I don't Google enough. I've never really noticed a change except a lot of irrelevant advertisements when I search for a topic.

How old are you?
Old enough to know better, but dumb enough to do it anyway :D

I'd love to know the relevance of the question. My first thought was that you were asking because you thought I was young and immature. Then I thought it might be more along the lines of crotchety old man. Now I'm just 37 and jaded.

Old enough to know better, but dumb enough to do it anyway :D

I'd love to know the relevance of the question. My first thought was that you were asking because you thought I was young and immature. Then I thought it might be more along the lines of crotchety old man. Now I'm just 37 and jaded.
37.....lol wait it gets worse! I'm turning 45. At 55 I will probably genuinely hate everything and everyone.

I'm already there at 48 but old enough to know nobody gives af about my opinion anyways lol
Same. 48 has changed me...like more than the 47 previous

DuckDuckGo for the mother fucking win.

Sounds like you need to go over to Tjs hotdogs shack and order a #18. Then maybe you won't be so grouchy.
Speaking of overpriced hot dogs from the clearance bin at food lion... eaten there twice. Not impressed. Won't be going back. I'm sure they are nice people profiting from a good cause, but for $3+ per hotdog, I expected more.

What's the 18?

#18 THE HARPER​

$4.00 ea. or $6.10 combo
Brats, Chili, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Onions, Mustard.

Speaking of overpriced hot dogs from the clearance bin at food lion... eaten there twice. Not impressed. Won't be going back. I'm sure they are nice people profiting from a good cause, but for $3+ per hotdog, I expected more.

#18 THE HARPER​

$4.00 ea. or $6.10 combo
Brats, Chili, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Onions, Mustard.
It's always busy and have been meaning to stop but just never have. I've heard mixed reviews.

Back