ZULU the 91 YJ

APJeeps

Aaron Darnell
Well seeing all the cool projects on here made me want to start a thread of my own. Now I know I should have started this about 4 years ago when I got the Jeep but HEY never to late to start. Now me and my dummy self only saved the pictures on 1 phone and guess what happend.....the phone decided to die...so no pictures of the original. However ill post one of what it looked like.....NOW!
1992-Jeep-Wrangler-Sahara.jpg

Only difference is mine has the sport roll bar but the rest was stock. Unfortunately my jeep desided to loose some pounds by rusting :driver:but with some bondo, some sanding and Raptorliner (a tinted bedliner) it turned into this
my jeep.jpg

Changed out the flares and put in some TJ seats, little add-a-leaf lift I was ready to roll! :rockon: as with any jeeper this didnt last long and i found a great deal on 33s and turned the jeep into this!

wub wub wub.jpg

Now this update was when i put on the 33s, i added a winch, stinger attachment and finally got a black top and hard doors. Ran this setup until i finally got tired of rubbing and trimmed the flares
jeep no.jpg

Needless to say i thought i was hot stuff! threw me a hi-lift jack and trucked on!

Now to some my plans for this jeep may be simple to some, however being on a high school budget its going to take some time and some advice from the guys and gals here on the page. I wont be doing rock crawling and the most the jeep will see is mud and the beach. But the point is, I want a fully capable jeep.
My Plans-
-Front Dana 60 ( or 44 if a deal pops up)
-Rear Dana 60
- SOA Using 1.5in SOA springs
-Stretch and comp cut using XJ springs
-Tube Fenders and armor
-Build better front bumper
-Construct a half hardtop
I dont plan on running bigger then a 40in tire

Thats what I have in mind. we'll see how it goes

Well today I messed around a little out in the shop finished the tube fenders and finished the final coat of paint and got 1 installed. unfortunately my generator running my angle grinder stopped producing electricity :confused:. but here is what one looks like!
unnamed (6).jpg

Finally saved up the money (and or cought a time where things wernt breaking around the house) and went and bought some axles. 78 f250 d60 rear with a hp44 front. Perches already set up for soa and ready to bolt on. Now the deal also came with some 37in iroks witch I'm going to run until I save enough to switch them out. Here's some new pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 335
So today was a very productive day. Didn't have college classes so I decided to dedicate the day to the jeep! Thanks to @spraypaintman he hooked me up with what I needed to get these things under... U bolts plates, a d44 cover and even some dring hangers. And of course @retroedaddy for hanging on to the axles and tires for me until I had the money

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 299
So now came the fun. The heep I call my jeep has been sitting for close to a year so today was great to see it start to come together. Lifting it was.....interesting to say the least. Every time I would put it on the jack it would start to slide. It fell off the jack/ jack stands about 3 times (that's why I had tires under the frame to keep from damaging anything had the bright idea to lay old ply board laying around the shop under and I managed to lift it enough to put the springs under! Then lowerd it and was able to get not to slide got the rear axle under no problems then came the front..... The front.... Very heavy with one person. But managed to do it.. Got everything bolted up and ran out of daylight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 315
That thing is coming along man. I am a little envious, but glad to see the axles finally getting used. I am excited to see it on tires !

Ahh okay, that makes sense I was thinking it looked much higher than I'd expect. My YJ is on Waggy springs with 1" boomerang shackles and 35s and sits much lower than yours.
Here's a pic of it.
ai.imgur.com_vEDh2Rt.jpg

Got the front bumper painted, winch is bolted on and all is well.....very overall pleased with the @Barnes 4wd front bumper! currently messing around with spring packs and such I DID buy some stock size shackles! NO MORE DEATH SHACKLE. still trying to figure out how to stretch the front i like the way the 6in front stretch looks but dont think I need that as of right now. going to get rid of the 37in irocks and go for 40s when money allows. So far so good just slowly building!

Okay so thanks to @Josh C who met me in raleigh for me to buy some waggy springs, got those installed this morning along with a stock sized pair of shackles ride height is near perfect for what i was going for!

IMG_4710[1].JPG

Back