yota won't start.. I'm dumb

Mr_DIY

I have a 22r that won't start. it's some sort of electrical bug.

I turn the switch to on and the dash lights come on. when I turn it to start I get nothing. the headlight relay was buzzing when I hit the high beams then stopped. the headlights stopped functioning... the battery is fully charged and it runs fine. I have Hella's for headlights but they are wired to the o/g harness'.

do I simply need a headlight relay or a headlight switch (in the steering column)... or are these even related? please help- I suck at electrical. also I don't know which fuses are which (under hood and in kick panel) please post up a reference. I promise I'll at least get a Haynes book for this.

Mr_DIY said:
but the dash lights stay on? I'll start there though. thanks ... any more ideas
The lights dont take near the current draw that a starter does, so its possible for the lights to work but the starter cant pull enough amperage through the loose, corroded, high resistance wiring...........do you have a test light or voltmeter? Maybe check to see if you get power though your starter solenoid/relay.......then check the switch.

thanks... I guess I'll start wirefest tomorrow. get some clear cable from vato zone or something and new crimps... thanks.

ajbirken said:
How about the headlights? You mentioned the buzzing, but do they stay on when you try the starter or go out?

they stopped functioning altogether. so it's definately a short somewhere or cracked/brittle wire. thanks

Check the ground side, engine to body!battery and battery to body. Grab a set of jumper cables and hook one end to the block the other to the ground post as a quick check.

I went and bought 20 feet of 2aug. battery cable today and some new terminals and lug crimps. I am moving the battery to the rear of the truck and will replace as many wires as I can w/o tearing into my harness. that should do it. thanks guys... oh yeah- you too Joe :D

Mr_DIY said:
I went and bought 20 feet of 2aug. battery cable today and some new terminals and lug crimps. I am moving the battery to the rear of the truck and will replace as many wires as I can w/o tearing into my harness. that should do it. thanks guys... oh yeah- you too Joe :D

Blow me.

Go cut your tunnel off. :fuck-you:

Back