yota frame reconstruction???

muddin38yota

need some info on how to box/brace the rear of an 85' toy p/u, the inside of the frame is rusted out basically right at the gas tank where they are known to rust out here in the south. how should we go about boxing or bracing it? I've already looked through the faq on pirate4x4.com... couldn't find any info...

Attachments

• frame picture.JPG
    frame picture.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 258
glad you asked, not that I have the answer but I just ran into the same problem in the exact same location. I'm planning on boxing it with sections from another frame then plating it since that is a stressed location. Good luck:beer:

yea, we sandblasted it half way to get the chunks of rust off, but the crossmember under the cab is right in the way of an extended plating that we thought about fixing it with... i just figured someone would know how to better than me, and abernethy

toyota frame

hey josh i can fix it or i will come to your shop and tell how to do if u need any steel i got a lot in my scrap bin that we could use just let me know

Mine had the same problem. except mine was rotten up to just behind the t-case crossmember. You might want to check for rust in those areas as well..

Back