Xtreme 4X4 TV

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
Watching this today I picked out a couple things that Ian and Jessie are a wee bit mis-informed about.

1. While showing the bead locks for project bottom drawer, She showed us Allied Bead Locks. With the molded formed ring she described as indestructible. Ask BigWoodie or KC4X4 how they do on rocks. Just made some new outer rings for Kevin, pics on my website.

2. They are using propane. I didn't catch where they got it, but were using a system that cost over $1100 bucks! Ian mistakenly described the forklift tanks to be filled with Liquid propane, and releasing it in a Gas form. Wrong. It is in liquid form until it gets to the converter that changes it to a gas.

Anyway, just a few things I caught. I was gonna email them, but none of the links to their site seems to be working.

I think Ian meant by the it releases as a gas as once it's not under pressure it's a gas. It's still under pressure until it gets to the regulator, isn't it? And they got it at gotpropane.com I believe he said.

They were using all new parts and using the electric solinoid (sp) (instead of the vac. lock out). All of it will cost $grand$ or more.

When they do a budget build they sould NOT use new parts. Get on the 4x4 boards and buy used parts. Thats what most of us cheap guys do. KC

They were using all new parts and using the electric solinoid (sp) (instead of the vac. lock out). All of it will cost $grand$ or more.
When they do a budget build they sould NOT use new parts. Get on the 4x4 boards and buy used parts. Thats what most of us cheap guys do. KC

very true, but the sponsors of these shows dont care about selling used parts!

They were using all new parts and using the electric solenoid (sp) (instead of the vac. lock out). All of it will cost $grand$ or more.
When they do a budget build they should NOT use new parts. Get on the 4x4 boards and buy used parts. Thats what most of us cheap guys do. KC

very true, but the sponsors of these shows dont care about selling used parts!

Agreed. Since this was a show about using what you have and so on. www.propaneguy.com would have sold him a rebuilt unit for Little more than $300

I think Ian meant by the it releases as a gas as once it's not under pressure it's a gas. It's still under pressure until it gets to the regulator, isn't it? And they got it at gotpropane.com I believe he said.

Well as I took it, he was saying it let out gas, and it does, when releasing pressure by way of the bleeder valve. The pick up on a fork lift tank is at the bottom. It won't release gas until it's almost empty. Until then it's liquid

damn i thought i was the only one that watched that show.. i love how they build a tube chassis in 4 minutes.. also maybe jim can comment on this but i think they used a little over 100 ft. tubing. i think my chassis has way more tubing than that.. i am sure there is more bracing to be done but they lead u to believe that they are finished with it

This is how they do on rocks!....

Mine have done the exact same thing...along with my brothers. :shaking:

The OMF's seem to have alot thicker ring.

jessie's hot :)

My wife hates the show because Jessie is hot and she can weld.. :D

10 bucks says she likes the same thing we do and I aint talking bout wheeling

I will take that bet..

You can PM me and I will tell you were to send the money :)

Back