xj No. 2

I have some JD Blitz Black if you decide to throw some black with the green and yellow :)

Looks great man

Went and worked on the Jeep some more yesterday. Worked on some smaller things. Got the gas tank installed and the brakes working again. One of the metal lines had been cut and had to be fixed. Got tail lights hooked back up too.

Didn't get many pics but I did get one of the blocks welded to the chassis.
2013-02-05_11-30-37_427.jpg
2013-02-05_11-30-43_460.jpg

I got the blocks cut off and found there were no threads left in the crossmember holes. Rethreaded three of them but the fourth had the entire nut missing from the frame. Going to have to get another welded in but ran out of time. Hope to get back to it in the next week or so and make it move under it's own power. After that it will be new drive shafts, then its cage and rock slider time.

Mike, be sure to paint the wheels yellow... for Rodney... seems he likes the yellow wheels... a whole lot! :confused: :lol:

Well I finally got to go work on the Jeep some more. Wasn't able to get any pictures this time but I mainly just worked on a lot of little things this time anyway. I got the engine wiring straight. The connection for the computer in the new body was different than the one from the old Jeep so the harness had to be swapped. Got the starter put on and the fuel lines connected and front driveshaft put in.I need to have a new one made for the rear to mount to the sye. Put the battery in and attempted to start it.

Then I realized the wiring in the steering column was completely shot. After this I was out of time and had to stop. So first thing on the list next time is swapping steering columns. But that's going to have to wait until after the trip to Moab! :D

Well that's not quite what I was doing but I guess it would work for that too. I was just moving the old body around.

Well here it is all done! OK, not really. I bought it from Wicked. But it already has most of the things done to it that I wanted to do to the other jeep. It's fully cage, locked front and rear with 5:13 gears and 36x13.50 iroks. It has a few things to be done to it body wise with the doors and it will eventually get painted a different color. But for now all I am doing is cutting the speaker plates off the top of the cage so I don't cut my head open every time I hit a bump. Don't know what I am going to do with the other one yet but I have plenty of time to figure it out.
IMG_20130605_112449_110.jpg
IMG_20130605_112505_098.jpg
IMG_20130605_112520_616.jpg

looks good, little rough around the edges but a good platform. I'm guessing hp44 and 9 inch?

Back