XJ Front Midarm 3 Link Build

I welded a piece from the innermost side of the UCA mount to the frame to help with movement side to side. I feel better about it now. I also went to test it out a little. I need a little bit longer of shocks but other then that it is great. When trying to pull the front end up something, the tire just climbs instead of wanting to push back then climb. I love it.

ai380.photobucket.com_albums_oo248_98xjjeep_SSPX4522.jpg

ai380.photobucket.com_albums_oo248_98xjjeep_SSPX4519.jpg

ai380.photobucket.com_albums_oo248_98xjjeep_SSPX4520.jpg

ai380.photobucket.com_albums_oo248_98xjjeep_SSPX4521.jpg

good looking work man, looks capable as well!:huggy:

Thanks man

Great job, I like the 1.75 over the 1.50, dod you add any plug welds, or just weld the ends?

No plug weld but they are always a great idea. The 1.75 tubing is about 1/4inch longer on each side then the 1.5. That way I wasn't just welding on top of a weld.

Thought I'd bump this build thread back to the top. :) How's the suspension holding up?

Haha thanks Chris. Its holding up great! I have beat on it 4 times at uwharrie this season and many DD miles and no problems. I am going to be building a HP44 for the front in a couple weeks since I busted a u joint on my last trip and i want a stronger housing and no unit bearings.

You do realize that a d44 has the same ujoints as a 30? Yes you'll get a stronger housing and bigger brakes, but I would wager to say a d30 28spline outer is stronger than a d44 19 spline. I have a d44 and wish I had never done it. Too much money in it. Should have gone 609 or 60.

Just my .02

Nice 3 link by the way.

You do realize that a d44 has the same ujoints as a 30? Yes you'll get a stronger housing and bigger brakes, but I would wager to say a d30 28spline outer is stronger than a d44 19 spline. I have a d44 and wish I had never done it. Too much money in it. Should have gone 609 or 60.
Just my .02
Nice 3 link by the way.

Well I have bent two 30 housings now so a stronger housing is a must. There is always trussing the 30 but your still stuck with unit bearings. I also want locking hubs. Im running 31s now and 33s next so a 60 or 609 is way overkill. Im not too worried on breaking spicers on a 44 with 33s.

Well I have bent two 30 housings now so a stronger housing is a must. There is always trussing the 30 but your still stuck with unit bearings. I also want locking hubs. Im running 31s now and 33s next so a 60 or 609 is way overkill. Im not too worried on breaking spicers on a 44 with 33s.

You can dump a bunch of money into d30 fo sho.

The joints are still the same though. You could break them just as easily. With that tire size go alloy with the d44 and you'll get all you want. Bigger pinion, bigger brakes, better housing.

I happen to like unit bearings but that's me.

You can dump a bunch of money into d30 fo sho.
The joints are still the same though. You could break them just as easily. With that tire size go alloy with the d44 and you'll get all you want. Bigger pinion, bigger brakes, better housing.
I happen to like unit bearings but that's me.

I'll second the unit bearing. I've run serviceable hub bearings all my life until my new D50. Just less maintenance to deal with which is huge considering the amount these vehicles take anyhow. . . They are expensive though.

Back