XJ budget boost?

hightime81

Hi All!
I am new to the forum, and new to the NC offroad scene. I own a bone stock 93 jeep cherokee that i am looking to do a couple mods on. I am an amatuer at best when it comes to car mechanics, but i am a quick read. If anyone know of a good garage, nice shop or off-road clubs that could nurture a newbie, i would appreciate it! I am looking to do a 2" budget boost and maybe toss some 30" tires on my rig.
Thanks!

hightime81 said:
Hi All!
I am new to the forum, and new to the NC offroad scene. I own a bone stock 93 jeep cherokee that i am looking to do a couple mods on. I am an amatuer at best when it comes to car mechanics, but i am a quick read. If anyone know of a good garage, nice shop or off-road clubs that could nurture a newbie, i would appreciate it! I am looking to do a 2" budget boost and maybe toss some 30" tires on my rig.
Thanks!

Let me know if we can help you out. We are down in charlotte and I typically keep those Budget Boosts in Stock.

Andy

if you have any specific questions, i started out with the 2inch budget boost from teraflex, shoot my a PM if you have any questions or any idea's

I don't have an XJ but I started with a budget boost on a ZJ....it was ok but I would recommend going ahead and going to 3 or so inches to clear 31's...i just didn't get enough clearancewith the budget.....but if you are trying to stay tight the budget is definitely worth the $$$...a good start...

oh I cleared 31's easy
Just have to get friendly with the dremel tool and sawzal, I have pictures of my jeep with the budget boost and my fenders cut and it didnt rub or anything, no bumpstops or swy bars.

thebluyak said:
oh I cleared 31's easy
Just have to get friendly with the dremel tool and sawzal, I have pictures of my jeep with the budget boost and my fenders cut and it didnt rub or anything, no bumpstops or swy bars.

That's what I did with my XJ....dropped a BB on it and started hacking away. :huggy:

Welcome! If you would like to take your XJ off road there is a stocker run scheduled for this Friday at Uwharrie National Forrest. We will have a group taking the easier trails. This is the best way to get acquainted with other 4x4 enthusiast and begin learning about your 4x4. A non-modified XJ should have no problem on the trails were taking. Be at the Outpost at 9 ready to head to the trails at 10!!

Gary

Back