WTB Ford 460 4wd Manual Transmission

Pless

As the title states I am looking for a 4wd manual transmission to go behind a 460 ford engine in a project I am working on. I would love to find a ZF5, but I would be ok with a granny 4 speed as well.

I have a T-18 out of a 70's F250 but no bell or case adapter.
I was hoping you would venture into this thread. The way I understand it, if I want a hydraulic clutch I need a bellhousing from a mid 80s to early 90s truck? Will the same bellhousing work on a t18, t19, and a NP435?

Yeah they're the same,BUT a hyd bell from those years have gotten stupid expensive and hard to find that arent cracked or been repaired.

Yeah they're the same,BUT a hyd bell from those years have gotten stupid expensive and hard to find that arent cracked or been repaired.

It's starting to sound like a ZF5 might be the cheaper option. My understanding is if you run an early cast iron mechanical linkage bellhousing there isn't room for the normal 460 clutch and you have to use some mismash of 400 and 460 clutch parts?

For sure… just had to buy one for a 6.9 🤯

It's starting to sound like a ZF5 might be the cheaper option. My understanding is if you run an early cast iron mechanical linkage bellhousing there isn't room for the normal 460 clutch and you have to use some mismash of 400 and 460 clutch parts?
I personally would rather have a ZF but Im good at spending others peoples money.I'm not saying you cant find one cheap/reasonable but its not real likely.

Back