Worth it or not? 1990 F250 XL Supercab 5.8L 5 speed (pic)

Slacker

Any "known" problems with this setup? 5 speed, 5.8L, 4x4? I need a 3/4 ton pickup to haul my 4500lb tractor and my CJ, not at the same time.....
I like the 5 speed but I've never had a 5.8L. Any pointers for a tow rig newbie?
Thanks.

Ad from seller:
Everything is original on this truck, we have most service records, through the years most tune ups and check ups were done at M&H in Creedmoor, we moved to cary last summer and have need no for it now. just had it serviced in cary at Ray Weatherspoon automotive. Everything checked out well.
Excellent condition, only 107k miles, fairly new tires, the 4x4 works great, this truck has a 5.8l efi v-8 engine, 5-spd, 2-speed transfer case. dual fuel tanks, 37.2 gallons, seats 6 with a rear fold down bench seat. It has two hitches, one regular on the bumper, and one (fifth-wheel) in the bed of the truck. We used that for a horse trailer and Rv's. It is ready to pull a boat or any of the sort. Even could make a great work truck.
This condition of truck is hard to come by. $3900 obo

Iox6X2OcuQEBdk4NoepPUPXtXJ0M.jpg

87xQ8rdRTCJlPvFHPbeq1jdkV4SA.jpg

My dad has a 92 model worktruck similar to an ambulance setup. Its 9800lbs and it does real well to be so heavy. However, it has an automatic, and it has been fairly troublesome.

The 5.8l is a 351. Pretty good engine I think. And the 5 speed is much better than an auto. I'd say it's a pretty good deal. it ain't gonna get very good gas mileage though.

price sounds a little high to me. even with the low miles, it sounds like from that add it's always had a load behind it. should be a solid truck though.

i tow with a 87 bronco, 5.0, auto, it is a little sluggish climbing steep hills and mountains but it pulls pretty well otherwise. i think that this truck would do well.

A 3/4 ton truck that runs and looks good, Duhhh jump on it. If you want a ford diesel get a 97 or newer. That's when they get gooder. I had a f350 with the 460 and gas mileage sucks big donkey balls. I got off cheaper paying on my 97 f350 instead of putting gas in the 460 and it was a duelly two wheel drive. That's something to think about. Wife said it got 9 miles empty 6 loaded.

Back