Workcamping job

Your Hot Dog Guy!

We arrived at our new address Monday in Tanglewood Camp Ground in Clemmons, N.C. We've been selected last fall to be part of the "Campground Host's" position for this upcoming year. There are two other couples that we will take shifts with. We work three days on and six days off duty, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. In other words we work three days then a six day weekend. Miles and miles of paved walking, bike trails, horse back riding, golf, tennis, very large pool.
We woke this morning to twelve deer just in front of the windshield! Yesterday afternoon we had two bucks with two does twenty feet from our dining room window. Campground officially opens Friday the first of March. The rates are $31.00 a night for 50amp, water, sewer, cable and WIFI with paved sight with picnic table. Come and visit with us!

It is my understanding that concealed carry is illegal in Tanglewood. That being said, we will have to pass on the invite... maybe see you around Uwharrie again sometime.

It is my understanding that concealed carry is illegal in Tanglewood. That being said, we will have to pass on the invite... maybe see you around Uwharrie again sometime.
Nobody knows if it is concealed!

Miles and miles of paved walking, bike trails, horse back riding, golf, tennis, very large pool.
SO, You got nothing to Do, Huh? Maybe you can figure a way to heat that Pool!:lol:

Hmmmm, Tanlgewood...sounds a little more upscale than we are used to...will my surplus commo-shelter camper stuck on my flatbed be allowed? Maybe all the NC4x4 'alternative' campers should come set up....we'll just say we are with YHHD!

And rodney....remember, just like in psychology, the 'p' in swimming is silent.

I don't make the rules but for some reason they don't allow tent camping. We have four campers in the park at the moment braving the cold. Deer count during morning coffee is nineteen eating the grass in front of our camper. When camping you get a park pass that allows you to enter the rest of the park without paying the admission price. Pool, paddle boats,horseback, golf and such are a fee. The bathhouse in the camping area are heated with all the hot water you want we are told!

I can remember when tent camping was allowed. Must have changed since I was last there.

Campground was closed for several years. Five years ago CG went under major upgrades. This is the fourth year of reopening. CG looks nothing like it did, it's very nice for family camping now. We've seen a lot of kids and adults even skate boarding on the walking trails, which is allowed.

Doesn't sound much like camping to me, but it does sound you you are living nice and easy. Awesome man!

I live a mile away from Tanglewood. I've gotten my mother more active by walking their paved path. I regularly mtn bike or run the mtn bike trails. You may see my blue WJ grand cherokee parked in the gravel lot across from the dog park construction.

In the past years, I always parked on what has apparently recently become the renewed camper area.

We spent a quick weekend at tanglewood last year after we bought our camper. Nice place and close to home if something did not work on the camper. We had a good time there and the kids enjoyed it a lot. We will most likely be back sometime this year, hope to see you there.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We spent a quick weekend at tanglewood last year after we bought our camper. Nice place and close to home if something did not work on the camper. We had a good time there and the kids enjoyed it a lot. We will most likely be back sometime this year, hope to see you there.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Hope to see you and family, we're on site 47.

Back