Woody's shop truck MJ

cardudenc

jeep a holic, resident assho;e
Just picked up my first mj. Its the 88 white one that was listed on here. I have been looking for 1 for awhile.and i had big plans for 1. a 4.0 ho swap and a late model xj ft end and int. since I have picked up my truck a few things has transpired. a deal on a donor vehicle went bad. and looking over the truck, its in such great shape. I think it maybe hard to change the sheetmetal anyway. the old school look is growing on me. But I dont think I will be happy until I do the drivetrain swap. so as soon as things slow dn here at the shop some. I will be swapping in the new drivetrain. ditching the renix system and going to a late model 4.0 ho. then it will be on to the axles. putting a later model hp d30 with 1 piece shafts and I guess an 8.8 unless i take the d44 i just put under my xj back out and use it. sorry, will have to load some pics later. its a pita to do from my phone

Sounds awesome man. Look forward to progress.

here are some pics.... I think I want it back!

Attachments

• pickup1.jpg
    pickup1.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 294
  • pickup4.jpg
    pickup4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 323
  • pickup14.jpg
    pickup14.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 326
  • pickup9.jpg
    pickup9.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 331
  • pickup7.jpg
    pickup7.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 337
  • pickup12.jpg
    pickup12.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 301
  • pickup8.jpg
    pickup8.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 315
thanx george. and it was a pleasure doing business with you. hopefully more in the future.
will see how today goes. I hope to start the ft axle swap and adding some rc drop brackets for the control arms. still havent decided on which rear axle. but definitely going soa. I stiil have a hp44 setup 4 link and a 9". but was planning an xj build around those. I also decided the stroker engine on the stand will end up here versuses its intended home. more pics to come

Back