Wood Furniture refinisher/repair

mbalbritton

#@$%!
I have an old Dining set that was my Grandmothers. It's a nice set, but shows some abuse. Water/Heat marks namely. That and it's getting rather wobbley (sp?). Anyone here do furniture repair, or have recomendations for somewhere to take it around the Winston Area.

I can just feel the love in here...
:)
But seriously, if you can't find anyone in W-S, check up near Hickory. My fiancee's dad works for Hickory Chair, and I know they do stuff like that, and there are other companies doing it as well...
Also, if there aren't scratches, just some discoloration, a light sanding and refinishing might be possible, and that's something you could do at home for pretty cheap.
BUT I would definitely do a little homework on that, plus on the furniture, before ruining a priceless antique or something...
likewise, loose mechanically fastened joints may be tightenable, otherwise you can always gently tap apart, clean off crusty old glue, and reglue and clamp...

I've done enough woodworking to feel comfortable pulling it apart and joining it all back up, it's the finish that I'm not comfortable with and I really don't have the space to do it.
Dave, I'll paypal you $5 and you can go get some love down on Cherry Street.:flipoff2:

Back