Wok stir fry ideas/recipes needed

Dylan W.

lone resident of Bro-Lite Island
So I got this Wok for Christmas, and was wondering if any yall know of some good recipes. I like chinese and japanese
foods.

What do you cook/stir fry in your woks?:popcorn:

Cat is the best thing in a wok!

I may have a "short" recipe, I'll have to look.

Shrimp, sliced mushrooms, onion

Cook it in butter and season with garlic and serve over brown rice.

So simple, it's been done to death around here, but it tastes so good.....

I think there's a book out "101 ways to wok your dog"

14.5 oz - beef broth (swanson is all we can find in that size can)
1 cup - orzo pasta
2 tbs - italian dressing
1.5 cups - bell peppers and onions
1.5 cups - shredded parmesan cheese
1 large - tomato
16 small italian meatballs
put dressing in pan on med hi heat, once its hot add peppers and onions cook for 2 minutes
Stir in broth, heat to boiling.
Stir in pasta and meatballs heat to boiling again, then reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stir just enough to keep it from sticking
Dice tomato and add in, cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.

This is a recipe my wife uses, I don't know where she got it but its awesome. I typically hate green and red peppers but they're good in this. This can be done in a frying pan also but I think a wok would probably be even better.

14.5 oz - beef broth (swanson is all we can find in that size can)
1 cup - orzo pasta
2 tbs - italian dressing
1.5 cups - bell peppers and onions
1.5 cups - shredded parmesan cheese
1 large - tomato
16 small italian meatballs
put dressing in pan on med hi heat, once its hot add peppers and onions cook for 2 minutes
Stir in broth, heat to boiling.
Stir in pasta and meatballs heat to boiling again, then reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stir just enough to keep it from sticking
Dice tomato and add in, cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.
This is a recipe my wife uses, I don't know where she got it but its awesome. I typically hate green and red peppers but they're good in this. This can be done in a frying pan also but I think a wok would probably be even better.

Thanks...this one sounds good. The wife says she doesnt want all asian food, so this will be good. I coppied it down and named it ''Marsfab's meatball wok food'' lol

I think it goes without saying...

I usually cut boneless skinless breast up into thin strips and cook it over med high heat in peanut oil with water chestnuts, snow peas and garlic with a little soy sauce and a little hoysin sauce. Serve over brown rice or steamed rice.

Its fast to make and tastes great.

REAL GOOD STIRFRY. I use the sideburner, on my propane grill outside. Gas indoor stoves w good ventilation work better than electric burners. You need a long handled, metal, rounded shaped spatula, and large metal, mesh type stainer to fit the roundbottom wok. BASIC WOKIN, Cut meat and vegeez into smallish, bitesize pieces first and hold seperate. Heat wok to about smoking, pour 1 or 2+/- tbls. PEANUT oil down the side of the wok and swirl it around quickly to coat the bottom of the hot pan. Add portions of the meat in batches so's not to cool the pan, and stir almost constantly. 2-3 mins. +/- and remove meat w strainer- repeat w all meat. Add more oil and swirl, then sliced garlic, sliced green onion ,yuns, w tops, whole dried hot peppers, or other flavoring ingredients and stir them a few mins. Remove w strainer and ad veg. in batches to not crowd the pan too much, and stir-fry 2-4 mins each batch and remove/repeat. Then put all the meat, veg, back in the pan and sauce of choice, Soysauce, terriaki, endless possibilities w the sauce, and stir and cook 2-3 min. and remove from heat. Top rice w big spoonfulls of the stuff and eat ! I have found the trick is to stabilize the pan somehow so you can stir and add/remove ingrediants w the other hand, and not tip the wok over. You can leave the garlic, onions out when you mix it, but chop and return the peppers if you want some spicy stirfry. This method works well w beefsteak, chicken, shrimp, deer meat, scallopes etc. and onions,broccolli,bell peppers,mushrooms, Heck about anything tastes great cooked right in a wok, ( HOT and FAST ). P.S. you may have to add more oil between batches if the pan gets dry when cooking alot of food. ENJOY:beer: One more tip, to help drain the hot oil and keep it in the pan, tilt the wok one way while scooping the food up the otherside of the wok w the strainer, and hold there a few seconds before removing it.

Thanks mommucked..lots of really good info there. The wok I am using has a flat bottom(not excactly authenic) and I will be using a flat top electric stove....we'll just have to see how it turns out. I have been in the kitchen and watched them cook at the local Chinese place. Its neat to see how they use their round bottom woks on gas flames. Tehnique is everything.

I need a good Scallion chicken sauce recipe....

Back