WNC DOM Tubing?

Rjp1231

Any recommendations on where to get DOM around Asheville? Despite buying from Weldin Unlimited in the past now they say they can't get it, and Mountain Steel quoted some $15 per ft for 1.75 x .120. That can't be right.

Steel prices, like all material, are high right now. I will say $15 per foot is pretty steep. That number was in the single digits the last time I bought any. Might have to travel to Charlotte for cheaper deals.

Surely @Barnes 4wd will sell some. When I was pricing material for my links, buying precut lengths from them was as cheap or cheaper than what I was finding elsewhere.

Have you tried benco steel in hickory? I'm not sure if they stock DOM, but that's where my previous job got all of their steel from. I purchased some 1.75x.120 DOM last week for ~$4.50 a foot , so $15 seems a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
@strange1 Yeah I talked with Barnes, they get their stuff precut so they cant provide full length tubes.

I'll give Benco a call tomorrow, thanks. @hurt4x4 $4.50 is much more reasonable. Hate to drive all the way to Hickory, but if that's the price difference I'll gladly make the drive.

I called about some last week and I got quoted 7.75 per sq foot and I thought that was high

I sell DOM and HREW tubing here.
It is true DOM is a few weeks out from our suppliers unless someone has old stock on hand.
I ordered some 2 days ago for dleivery 2-3 week of April.
The 1.75 x 120 DOM was $4 LF higher than 2 months ago.

Alright so far the lowest I've found is Race City Steel in Spartanburg at about $8 and some change per LF. Benco in Hickory was slightly higher at $8.60 with 2 to 3 day lead time.

Back