Wilmington and surrounding area

ok wilmington wheelers... i need some steel tubing to extend my driveshaft, some shocks, some help finishing my brakes, and some beer money..... hook me up :)

I'm off tues wed thurs this week I'll lend you some help and hell I'll even bring beer.

thanks to masonboro auto for the tubing i needed to sleeve my rear driveshaft and extend it to 26" :)

got my rear brakes DONE finally and i'm halfway through grinding on my front brakes so my 15" wheels will clear.

i drove it today (with no brakes) and i gotta admit... i popped up a lil chub when i saw the look on neighbor's faces as i crept around the street, haha

Hey Erik, I met you earlier today at masonboro auto, I had the black XJ on 36's. It's a great feeling seeing your project actually move. If you need any help let me know, I'd love to see this beast! You ever figure out what that drive shaft came out of?
-Matt

I hope you upgraded your master cyl on that 4 banger for those bigger brakes or stopping is going to suck

hey matt what's up. nice lookin cherokee, i'm jealous, hehe

i just got back from the gas station (cell only had about a gallon of fuel in it) and i must say... i didn't realize just how wide it was until now.... it's just plain scary... just not sure if it's good scary or bad scary... but i like it either way, haha

i need to do my slignment in the morning when i wake up so i can hopefully drive it to work and to masonboro tomorrow. the 5.38 gears feel a lot better than the 4.88's did in my old axles.... and the detroit in the rear end... whoa... it looks like a track-ho drove around my yard for a whole day. the boggers definatly left their mark.....

-Erik <--- still has no idea what the shaft came out of... but i know what it's in now!

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_100_0096.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_100_0098.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_100_0100.jpg

I hope you upgraded your master cyl on that 4 banger for those bigger brakes or stopping is going to suck

didn't upgrade it. probably won't. i've talked to about a dizen people who are running these brakes with stock master cylinder and they say it's fine. 3 of them upgraded (costs a whole $17) and said it helped a lot but wasnt necessary.

in short... when my master cylinder stops working, i'll replace it. until then, stock is the only way for me!

-Erik <--- crushes 04 rubi's!

i've got 3 of those :)

I think when you get in a situation where your going to really have to slam on the brakes your going to wish you had more stopping power.

more stopping power and probably smaller tires. not too worried about it. it did just fine with stock yj brakes and the same 39.5x18" boggers... can't be any worse than that. maybe i'll bleed the rest of the air from the lines tomorrow and try to lock 'em up, hehe

-Erik <--- says wise man never drive in front of big black and white yj with tiny brake master cylinder :)

Back