White Trash

csudman

I've change projects and vehicles too many times.
1. Jeep Cherokee - 35's, stock axles w/ 4.56 gears and rear locker, it was fun. Broke all the time. Sold it to by an engagement ring.
2. 82' Toyota Truggy - 38's, stock axles, dual trannies, tube. It was lots of fun, broke shit all the time. Sold it because I had a kid. Wanted a back seat.
3. 87 Wrangler - Never finished it, Cromoed and Geared d44's, Dual t-cases, 37's... To much work and not enough time, Parted it out to buy a "turnkey rig"
4. Today - 94' 4 cly Wrangler. I bought it for a great price. The craigslist ad said, "10 Bolts front and rear" This is the pic of the diff he sent.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v438_csudman_White_20Trash_0923091846.jpg

Obviously he didn't know what was going on.
Turns out it had 44's front and rear, 5.38's, Lockrites, High Steer, SYE, OBA(not working), Warn 9.5 and some other stuff.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v438_csudman_White_20Trash_0923091830.jpg

The suspension was WORN OUT, Crazy deathwobble, I couldn't drive it home. (Turns out the frame bushings were gone and the steering box was loose)
So I wanted a turn key wheeler. This "Could" be wheeled as is with minor work. That's just not me.
If you read my other build thread, I'm keen on low builds. So, I decided to french the front again SOA. (I was gonna do the rear the same, but it turns out that waggys sua are the same height as my soa front w/ the frenched mounts)

Here it is today.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v438_csudman_White_20Trash_100_1427.jpg

So its pretty much together. Still have armor to build, winch plate, cage etc... So I'll keep posting as I go. I dunno if this should be a build thread or not since most of the build is done.

We'll see.

Wow. That looks great with it on all fours. I think i missed out today, but it was a family day for us. PS... the blue is perfect!

Update

I drove it. Awsomeness(if thats a word)... Handles great w/ no shocks and bumpstops. So it can only get better. Will be at DPG this weekend. Some pics.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v438_csudman_White_20Trash_IMG00079_20100221_1607.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v438_csudman_White_20Trash_IMG00078_20100221_1607.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v438_csudman_White_20Trash_IMG00077_20100221_1607.jpg

saaweet bubba. It looks good! cant wait to see it with some nice tube fenders. I'm sure its the pic angle, but looks like you might be a little lower in the rear. Probably not enough to make a difference anyway. Hope you have good luck at DPG. :beer:

As of now its actualy 1/2 higher in the rear. Still have to add the winch to the front and bumper/spare to the back.

Back at it, about 4 months ago at the flats I broke my rear driveshaft, bent a front yj and rear waggy spring, broke a shock off. BUT, had a great time.

Anyway, time for some updates.

Plans:

1. Flat belly w/ new skid.
2. Change rear pinion to match, probalbly with shims as its the easy way.
3. Fix Shock
4. Fix steering(it only turns left as the pitman arm isn't centered.
5. Install new seats, harnesses, and fab mounts onto cage.
6. Raise radiator 1/2". Its stupid, but my tie rod touches the petcock at full bump and causes it to leak throughout the day.
7. Love to get my radio in:)
8. Reinforce rear spring hangers, their stock and the holes are egged out.

DPG is next weekend, probably not gonna be wheeling:)

Start of my crossmember.
4aeb040e-4536-ec53.jpg

Flat belly.
4aeb040e-4550-7443.jpg

Really don't have to cut much to get it flat.
4aeb040e-4578-ae1b.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Skid looks good. Any concern about driveshaft angle with moving everything up?

Spring under on waggys with the drive line lift. I probably have about the eqivelant of a 5 inch lift. so no.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I like the low COG. Looks awesome, can't wait to see it completely done.

I'm actualy kinda looking for opening weekend at URE. I'm thinkin of a family day. Take the wife and kid. I'll wheel everything, but we will be taking it easy.

Back