where to get a dirtbike tire mounted near boone?

hurt4x4

looking for a place to get a dirtbike tire and tube put on my wheel near boone that is not hill river cycles. If anyone knows a good place let me know, thanks!

Last edited:
I never did my rear tires cause they are stiffer beads and the screw drivers will scratch the rim.

yea they can be a pain i put a metler on my dual sport last weekend and it was super stiff especially since it was like 30 deg try stameys cycle center it in boone over by the airport alway been good to me

ill keep that in mind. I took it to the shop to get it put on. My front tire is going to need replacing soon too so i might give it a try.

yea they can be a pain i put a metler on my dual sport last weekend and it was super stiff especially since it was like 30 deg try stameys cycle center it in boone over by the airport alway been good to me
X2 frank does a good job. If you feel like driving out to Banner Elk my boss will do it, We carry a full line of MAXXIS and Bridgestone front and rear tires, and we are an MTA dealer so we can get you anything you need. We carry replacement parts for KTM and can do any service's you need!

Wish i was close I'd do it for 20 bucks and teach you at the same time. its all technique and patience. tire spoons and baby powder is all you need other than a wrench for the tire lock.

Wish i was close I'd do it for 20 bucks and teach you at the same time. its all technique and patience. tire spoons and baby powder is all you need other than a wrench for the tire lock.
yeah i would really like to learn how to do it on my own just to save some time and money. I'm going to try the baby power trick and see if i can do the front on my own. The problem with the rear is that a bought an offbrand tire, it was the stiffest tire i have ever seen and i doubt it would have been good to learn on

Start opposite the wheel lock. Loosen the valve stem so it can give some. A minimal amount of air is better than plum flat, keeps the tube from bunching and folding up and getting pinched. Use the wheel to get more room by compressing the tire bead into the center of the rim. Take small bites with the irons, not shoved in handle deep. Work equal amounts in from directly across from the lock. After getting bout 3/4's mounted pop the last remaining over the lip. Inflate and deflate a few times to really center the tube. Half inflate tighten wheel lock. For a more forgiving tire let it set over a heating vent over night or in the sun during warmer months. A good cheap stand can be made out of a 15 inch steel wheel. Put a post to suit your hieght, wrap the lip in pipe insulation, weld all thread to the center for a locking plate. I made one that fits into a reciever, got the idea from the "track vendor" who sold tires and tubes at the races I ran. I also run thicker all natural rubber tubes that resist pinching and thorns alittle better. When you get this down try re-spoking a wheel, made a stand for that to, takes a bit longer to learn.;)

Back