Where to camp near Charlotte?

JUICED COUPE

Looking for a full hook ups campground. Doesn't have to have cable and all but power water sewer is a must. Thanks in advance.

koa in fort mill

There is also a koa in gaffney. I suppose I'm looking for a review of campgrounds in my area.

When going close we have always went to Ebenezer park in York county. There is a ranger who makes things difficult these days. So I'm looking for an alternative. But want something the wife and kid will enjoy. I hate to just randomly go to a campground.

gotcha....have you tried kings mtn state park?

What are you looking for?

Basically I'm looking for real life reviews of places in the area.

Like I said thr biggest thing for me is water electric and sewer.

Then something for the kid to do to stay entertained.

The only places ive been in the area is thr Ebenezer park and I went to a place near Rutherfordton something family campground.

Many moons ago ive been to Steele creek but cant remember much.

Kings Mountain state park is nice.
They have decent sized spots, water, electric and sewer I think cable at some spots.

They have a big recreation area. A big lake with paddle boats, canoes to rent, fishing equipment to rent orbring your own, a swimming area.

Its more quiet, relax campground than what Ebenezer is as every spot is fairly wooded etc.

Its the only local place we camp.

Kings Mountain State Park.
It on Highway 161 on the Kings Mountain, NC/Blacksburg, SC line.

I-85 to Hwy 161 (I think thats exit 8)
Take 161 S for 4 miles its on the right.

If anyone is a history buff there is lots of cool revolutionary war stuff there.

Its been a few years since Ive been there. I am positive at least some of their sites did have sewer and I know they have a dump station at the exit as well. I know this because it is my go to for dumping even when I dont stay there.
:)

Ill give them a call. It looks and sounds nice.

My grey water just fills up fast. Black would be close as well. The tt I bought has some small tanks.

I dont have one of the things ppl use to take from camper to dump station.

My wife worked at kings mtn for a few years, but over on the living history farm. The park usually stays pretty busy but is quiet. Can't offer much more info than that.

Looking for a full hook ups campground. Doesn't have to have cable and all but power water sewer is a must. Thanks in advance.

Try Camp Highlander for sure. Our family enjoys going every year, especially in the fall and the spring. Very beautiful during the fall when all the trees are changing color. It's to cool to swim in the lakes, but the colorful mountain ranges are awesome, and it's the best time to have a campfire!

Kings mtn. I've stayed there many times. good family place with plenty for the little ones.

Ditto on Cane Creek Park. Full hookups, beautiful lake for swimming, canoeing, fishing. Play area for kids. Mostly quiet. Fairly cheap place to go. - it's in Union County...

Ill definitely check out cane creek. I've been in the campground with family but its been a while. The downside is on a whim to go somewhere on a weekend they only have a dozen or so full hook up sites.

Back