Where can i find a 9"......

Carolina Girl

i just bought a 1978 F250 4X4 lowboy, & i am needing a website/info on a 9" suspension lift for this truck. Kindof new to this & i want to make sure of what i'm buying. All i can find is a 4" so far.... I am wanting to put 38's on this truck, maybe like super swamper tsl....

ok i checked it out, is a full size bronco & a F250 the same? i have front & rear leaf springs....& everything i found was for a f150/bronco......isn't it different?

I was looking @ a F760KS made by skyjacker earlier today. One kit shows w/ front & rear replacement leaf springs, & the other offers rear blocks instead of leafs.......I know this might sound crazy, but what is the advantage of rear leafs when they cost $700 more? What does it offer that the blocks can't?

less axle wrap. safer suspension (no blocks flying out). when some one who knows what a lift is supposed to look like looks at your rig, they know you did it right and didnt cut any corners.

with six inch blocks you are going to have wrap. you spend another 3-700 hundred in traction bars to fight the wrap (possible driveshaft popping out when the srpings wrap.).

The main problem with blocks is axle wrap. I would go with springs if you can afford it. Those 30 year old springs are probly due to be replaced anyway.The truck would ride better with the new springs. But if you go with blocks you can always upgrade later if the blocks give you trouble.

less axle wrap. safer suspension (no blocks flying out). when some one who knows what a lift is supposed to look like looks at your rig, they know you did it right and didnt cut any corners.
with six inch blocks you are going to have wrap. you spend another 3-700 hundred in traction bars to fight the wrap (possible driveshaft popping out when the srpings wrap.).
Those blocks in that lift are 4.5"

thanks guys, those are all good pointers. Of course, i won't be installing anything myself.......but i didn't want to buy something & then have to turn around & try & sell it later. This truck will be driven ocasionally, but always on the street. I want that beefy look & i don't want to re-do anything down the road. ( i want to do it right the 1st time ). i feel like i will go w/ skyjacker. It will be a while, i've asked my husband to get her up & running as my christmas present. :smokin: Then i will start adding extras after the 1st of the year.

don't lift it, Just cut the fenders out.

Hey quick question: i found some used 6" lift skyjacker leaf springs for a '79 F250......wouldn't they be the same as a '78?

yeah i can't wait unitl it come time to set all this up......i will be under there helping. i will just have to get a manicure the next day LOL!!

thanks guys, those are all good pointers. Of course, i won't be installing anything myself.......but i didn't want to buy something & then have to turn around & try & sell it later. This truck will be driven ocasionally, but always on the street. .
u might want to try a better riding quiter tire if its a street truck . but anyway good luck welcome to the addiction.

i cannot believe the utter lack of dirty jokes considering the thread title and fact that it was apparently posted by a female

i figured that someone would open the thread if it sounded interesting.........

Yeah i know the superswamper tires are noisy but damn they look good. I've been addicted for years, but i also have a '79 fairmont...When i get my converter back should run in the 5's in the 1/8 mile. i've already been 6.24 on a junk pass. i tore the transmission & converter out on halloween & am waiting to get w/ greg slack on a new one. Well anyway i just love fast cars...........& now it's time to do a big freaking FORD!!! Broncomania aided to me spending the $$$... i seen his bronco & rode in his lifted F250.....& so i had to have one but am stuck on the 78's. My husband had a highboy about 10yrs ago & we sold it not knowing what we had.

i cannot believe the utter lack of dirty jokes considering the thread title and fact that it was apparently posted by a female

X2. I've been thinking about it but figured I'd let somebody else go first.

sure do, she's a little rough right now, but i've only had her a week. I'm new to this site & i've got to do the donation in order to post pics or have a avatar. Let me get that done & i will try & post them tonight.

lol, i thought about it too, but seeing as how she is one of the only girls on here, didnt wanna scare her away this early!

sure do, she's a little rough right now, but i've only had her a week. I'm new to this site & i've got to do the donation in order to post pics or have a avatar. Let me get that done & i will try & post them tonight.

no need to donate to post pics. just use photobucket as a host and copy and past the the link below the picture on photobucket.

lol, i thought about it too, but seeing as how she is one of the only girls on here, didnt wanna scare her away this early!

HAHAHA!!! i don't scare easliy. :smokin: Seriously though this truck is gonna happen, & i'm still learning.

Back