Wheeling in Uwharrie

Landbarg1

Just a question from a noob to this area of wheeling. I see on the latest maps that there are some bridges listed as very narrow. I have a 2001 Ford Excursion that I would like to take wheeling in Uwharrie, would I have any problems with the size of my rig on some of these trails?

Thanks in advance!

Yes if you like your body panels!!! I have taken mine around rocky mountain loop many times before they closed it and a couple of spots are tight. I have a 6" lift and 35" bfg ats

Snappy, thank you for the info. My body panels are good and straight and would like to keep them that way for sure. My 01 has the 6" lift with 35's as well. I've been looking at a lot of video posted on youtube and it appears that most trails seem to be pretty wide open, but there are some points that do look a little tight. Hmmm, that kinda stinks. Any other spots to wheel in that I won't wad up the sheet metal? I'm in Clayton, NC.

I guided a 4 door Ford Raptor through quite a few of the trails, it is possible, a lot of 5 point turns!

Thank you all. I'm not looking to break any land speed or crawling records, just wanted a nice place to get off the asphalt and get dirty. If anyone is going to be out that way in a few weeks I would love to meet some fellow wheelers and tour a trail or two.

Thank you all. I'm not looking to break any land speed or crawling records, just wanted a nice place to get off the asphalt and get dirty. If anyone is going to be out that way in a few weeks I would love to meet some fellow wheelers and tour a trail or two.
Come on out July 20th. It will be a work day and you can meet a lot of future friends...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My cousin took a 70 model f250 high boy long bed with 35s and no power steering out there a few years ago. It was a very long day with all the 5 point turns and no ps but he did not add to his body damage so like said before it can be done.

Back