Wheel painting near Winston-Salem

JWebbie2

Looking for a shop that can paint my beadlocks. Don't mention any powder coating because I've already talked to a couple shops and they don't have the color I want.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

What color are you painting them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gecko green to match my Jeep.
Why not use an off the shelf rattle can? The paints just going to get destroyed, so might as well make touch up easy and cheap.
I'm using rattle can paint for the rock ring for that exact reason lol. But with the rock ring being pretty big, I doubt the actual wheel will ever get touched.

Just stop by any small body shop then. They shouldn't charge much to spray them if they're ready to paint.

I doubt the actual wheel will ever get touched.
I sanded/prepped my wheels, then primed and painted them with rattlecan black. My rings are red. Rings have held up pretty dang well, and wheels STILL look great

bead3.jpg

Since then I've done:

Big creek
Uwharrie
Golden Mountain
Moab
Potts
Big Creek

And here's how they look now

8months1.jpg
8months2.jpg

If the shops won't get the color powder you want, find a different shop. It's very easy to order a small quantity (couple of pounds) of powder in many brands, so that's a bullshit excuse for a shop that wants your business. I used to get powder ordered all the time for projects, especially for wheels where there are tons of crazy colors available through powder suppliers like Prismatic Powders.

This is a good start to find someone if you want an insane range of colors available:
Prismatic Powders: Resources: Applicator Locator

I do agree that paint is probably the best option for easy touchups on rings though.

Last edited:
If the shops won't get the color powder you want, find a different shop. It's very easy to order a small quantity (couple of pounds) of powder in many brands, so that's a bullshit excuse for a shop that wants your business. I used to get powder ordered all the time for projects, especially for wheels where there are tons of crazy colors available through powder suppliers like Prismatic Powders.

This is a good start to find someone if you want an insane range of colors available:
Prismatic Powders: Resources: Applicator Locator

I do agree that paint is probably the best option for easy touchups on rings though.
I had talked to Prismatic on the phone a few months ago when I was looking for a certain color powder and they told me they don't make the color i want. So I'm sticking with paint.

Back