What would be best.

Inferno

I need something to add to the rear of my Rodeo for recovery hook up. So which would be better tow hooks or shackles? Stock bumper so I know I won't be able to weld either to that so they will be welded to the frame just wanting to know what yall think would be best to go with.

The best way could be a receiver hitch (class III I think). It attaches to the frame. It will be below the rear bumper but you didn't say if ground clearance was an issue. Several manufacturers sell a steel square stock machined on one end for a large clevis. Or you can buy a piece of square stock and grind/machine one end and drill a hole for the clevis and a hole for the receiver pin.
If ground clearance is an issue... I guess you're looking for a custom bumper or attaching a hook directly to the frame. It's your choice... but you can tow a trailer with the receiver too.

Not sure if I want to go with a hitch. This being a stocker it would affect what little clearance I have IMO. But if push comes to shove I will put one on there cause I do have a boat so hmmm who knows. I was just thinking maybe a couple of shackles in the rear to hook a winch or straps to. Don't know still have to replace my axle first.

Back