What to do about liberal ass hat neighbor

I get that and understand some HOA's are better than other and might have been wrong to lump them all together and label them as bad.But in the end what is to keep me,as your neighbor,to go to the HOA and say I'm tired of lookin at his shit sitting everywhere,do something about it??

Look at the covenants. Those are the only legally binding documents you really need to worry with. The HOA can only legally enforce what's in the covenants. So, as long as you are in compliance with the covenants, your neighbor or the HOA can't do shit.

I park my trailers, boat, buggies, etc in the driveway, in front of the house, etc for sometimes weeks at a time with no issues even though it's against covenants.
Look at the covenants. Those are the only legally binding documents you really need to worry with. The HOA can only legally enforce what's in the covenants. So, as long as you are in compliance with the covenants, your neighbor or the HOA can't do shit.
Not tryin to be a dick to you,but you've admitted you've violated the covenants.Im your asshole neighbor and I want your shit moved.

Not tryin to be a dick to you,but you've admitted you've violated the covenants.Im your asshole neighbor and I want your shit moved.

That's fine. I just put it in the back yard out of sight like the covenants allow. Or, I let it sit there for another week when I had already planned on moving it and be done.

The neighbor can let the HOA know and they then have to send a letter to me. Email and phone calls work but don't do shit for actually notifying per legal rules. So there is some time there. And, even then, there is typically a 30-day period to conform or then be subject to a small fine.

Like I said, it's there to keep habitual/permanent offenders at bay than the occasional offender that doesn't keep their shit piled in the front yard permanently.

HOA I grew up in had very few rules. Basically no hoofed animals, no trailer homes and pay your dues so the road would be maintained. It has now been taken over by ass hats. If they lived on the same road as my parents they would move but they basically live in a HOA but have no neighbors and live 1/4 mile from the closest house.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Glad I don't live in a HOA neighborhood. We moved into an "older" neighborhood that was built in the late 80s. All Brick homes, garages don't face the street. We are most likely the youngest couple in the neighborhood but that works great for me. We have a drunk for a neighbor, but he's a happy drunk and hes super meticulous about his yard. That guys lawn could be on the cover of home and garden. All the retired people keep an eye out on everyone else's home and they pay attention to the vehicle traffic. Our road isn't a cut through to another road so the only traffic we see are the neighbors. Even without the HOA, everyone's lawns are well kept and neat and people generally leave each other alone. We do have a community pool but you have to be a member and pay the dues in order to use it.

Yea think this area is more of a consumer market. Points east and north are the slinging side of town. But I think they introduced a new bill in nc to restrict opioid prescriptions. NC is about to blow up with that dirty cheap "haron" shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I EMT teaching the CPR/AED class I took a few weeks ago says its already here.

I've got it made, I mow and trim,prune, fertilize, plant stuff in our yard and do a decent job of landscaping. Got no hoa on our dead end street of 17 homes. Our next door neighbors on one side are apparently hoarders who rarely do any yard work. When the wife fusses about my projects/messes and " It looks like a rednecks yard " blah blah blah etc. I just tell her " you married this redneck " and point at the neighbors yard, that usually shuts her up.

Serious question,why would anybody want to live in a HOA??? Esp anybody w a car habit.I don't get it what can a HOA possible offer that's worth bein under their thumb???
Couldn't agree more, hate HOA's, living in town is enough of a challenge, but I have a barn and a huge field behind my house so I keep out of the front yard and they leave me alone.

I EMT teaching the CPR/AED class I took a few weeks ago says its already here.

We've been dealing with ODs from bad/laced heroin in Wake Co for a few years now. Some of it's so bad our remedy medicine doesn't always work.

Duane

My best neighbor is a police affiliated professional......most all of our small county drug issues are now heroin related.
As for the neighbor I hope he got the message.

Thx. All was well this weekend, we will see about next when the weather clears up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back