What is required to make a SRW into a dually

ponykilr

Old Crow
01 F250 SRW with 10.5.

Will dually wheel bolt on? Need longer studs?

On the front, do the factory spacers just bolt on? Are hubs themselves different?

@BigClay @Chris_Keziah @77GreenMachine
This started as a SRW
IMG_20210703_122914325.jpg

Up front, should just be spacers that bolt on. The rear, however, I believe would be a totally different axle. Dually rears are wider.

I don't think they used a 10.5 Sterling in the duallies either. I want to say they were Dana 80s. I'm not genius with Ford stuff, but surely someone else on here knows.

Up front, should just be spacers that bolt on. The rear, however, I believe would be a totally different axle. Dually rears are wider.

I don't think they used a 10.5 Sterling in the duallies either. I want to say they were Dana 80s. I'm not genius with Ford stuff, but surely someone else on here knows.
Yeah Dana 80

The earlier Ford duallys were DRW 10.5s

Easiest way is to sell it and buy DRW since they are worth about the same and the dually part is already done.
Finding a super duty regular cab gas dually is like finding bigfoot carrying Jimmy Hoffa.

I am considering a flatbed and DRW for sometime next year.

I have a front Dana 60 from a Chevy that has Dually hubs. If you have one that has SRW hubs I would be interested in trading if they are compatible.

I have a front Dana 60 from a Chevy that has Dually hubs. If you have one that has SRW hubs I would be interested in trading if they are compatible.
Supposedly the only difference is the bolt in spacers.

From my 1996 Dodge SRW to DRW I had to find a dually axle, dully bed, and front spacers. I am not familiar with Fords, but in my case there were a few “palm to forehead” moments when we found out the front dually hub diameter was smaller than the 2500, so that had to be swapped.

Yeah, only found 2 within 500 miles on Autotrader. But didn't realize you were a gas truck purist. Carry on.

We have a gas F350 12 foot flat bed at work, owner has talked about selling. Early 2000s not sure of the year. Had a dump bed but was stole and pump and cylinder were removed when we recovered it. Motor was rebuild in last 5 years iirc. Only 2wd probably sold at fair or below market prices. Let me know if there is interest. Interior is rough.

99+ Superduty trucks all used a wheel spacer up front for the extra width. Pretty easy to pick a set up or order a set of Stahl spacers.

As for the rear your best bet is just to swap in a Dually Dana 80. As mentioned above all the Sterling 10.5s were SRW (though I'm pretty sure there were DRW 10.25 🤷🏽‍♂️)

It should be a fairly easy swap though just make sure you get all your parts from the 99-04 Super Duty trucks.

I am not sure on the Ford Sterling axles but on the GM 14 bolt or the Dana 60 front, all you do is swap the hubs from SRW to DRW and you have a dually. I have done this numerous times both ways, single to dual and dual to single. It is simple and only takes about an hour.

I am not sure on the Ford Sterling axles but on the GM 14 bolt or the Dana 60 front, all you do is swap the hubs from SRW to DRW and you have a dually. I have done this numerous times both ways, single to dual and dual to single. It is simple and only takes about an hour.
This does not work on Ford Super Duties, as mentionned many times in this thread.

@ponykilr get some spacers and a Dana80 that'll bolt in. That's the way to go.

Back