What have you done to your rig today?

Since I like to talk trash. I think the longevity of a axle or rig has a lot to do with who you wheel with and the trails. If all the guys you wheel with have 30 or 44 and 35-37 tires your fine with a 44. Now switch that up to everyone is on tons and 40+ stickies and your trying to keep up your shit gonna stay broke ask me how I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and your trying to keep up

Not EVERYONE wheels with their pants unzipped comparing willy's :D

It's OK to stay in your lane. You won't be neutered :smokin:

Not EVERYONE wheels with their pants unzipped comparing willy's :D

It's OK to stay in your lane. You won't be neutered :smokin:

Shit it’s no fun being the smallest guy. trying to keep up and not hold up and slow down the rest of the group. In all seriousness I decided to go to tons because I didn’t want to be the one broken on the trail half the day while everyone else is trying to enjoy a weekend away wheeling. Yes I know anything will and can break at some point but I was doing what was the best decision to keep from doing it all the time.
If your wheeling with similar sized rigs than it’s fine but when you try to step out of your weight class that’s when you start destroying stuff

when you try to step out of your weight class that’s when you start destroying stuff

I know I could never reach the bottom half of Jody's colon...so I stay close to Jason and Clay...they all have very achievable prostate's

Since I like to talk trash. I think the longevity of a axle or rig has a lot to do with who you wheel with and the trails. If all the guys you wheel with have 30 or 44 and 35-37 tires your fine with a 44. Now switch that up to everyone is on tons and 40+ stickies and your trying to keep up your shit gonna stay broke ask me how I know

Listen to @Loganwayne.
Dude's so broke he can't afford any grammar.

I know I could never reach the bottom half of Jody's colon...so I stay close to Jason and Clay...they all have very achievable prostate's

I’m shooting for @McCracken status, looks like busted hell, wheels 97.8% of all trails he points it on, and doesn’t break 98.3% percent of the time and cooks some mean pasta for lunch 100% of the time

Last edited:
I’m shooting for @McCracken status, looks like busted hell, wheels 97.8% of all trailers he points it on, and doesn’t break 98.3% percent of the time and cooks some mean pasta for lunch 100% of the time

Yeah. he climbs some nasty trailers in his rig.
That time we hit Kaufman Pass in the rain was brutal! I'll never forget Hurst Hill either.

everyone is on tons and 40+ stickies and your trying to keep up your shit gonna stay broke ask me how I know

Story of my life and I too, know what you know.

Well, the water pump is in and so is the thermostat. I bought a brand new heater hose because the old one looked like it needed to be replaced. I'm so smart because I cut 6" off of it to take it to the auto parts store so I knew exactly what to get. I got back and the new hose can't get over the lip on the new pump. Oh wait, I'll just use the old hose.... :rolleyes: so I battled with the new hose for what felt like an hour. I got about 1/8" over the lip and clamped it. Ran the temp up to 230° and shut it down. I'll do this again and see if it softens it where I can scoot it up on there some more.

The wheel bearings were next. I took the driver side apart and found the spindle to be cherry.

IMG_20190402_150607.jpg
IMG_20190402_150624.jpg

So I called ECGS to get a spare :rolleyes:. It'll be here tomorrow and I can throw it all back together. I went ahead and put all new races and bearings in too while I was at it. If I can remember to have everything tight and put the spider in correctly I should be golden for a while.

The last thing I did was rotate the tires. I haven't done that since I put them on new :cool:

Was having issues, so I pulled this one a part. Found a broken spring and some trash in the pump. Decided to take my unknown condition spare to a shop to be built. Should get it back this week. Tore my 300 back down. Seems I created a hydrolock the way my shift rails were capped. Pulled them out and ground a groove that should let oil escape. Reassembled and ready for the trans when it gets done.
01acc4c888ba38795eeab0243ec217eb.jpg
57462ae256f57b5dfa776a91f8d4d183.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

All this talk of a built 44 being a waste of time compared to swapping in a 60 has me feeling a little less excited about my new 4340 shafts in my 30.........

Thanks guys.........

Screw em all. Do what you want.
I'm rocking the 30 spline Dana 30 chromos myself.

Of course, I have a built 60 too because I wouldn't waste money building a 44 :flipoff2:

All this talk of a built 44 being a waste of time compared to swapping in a 60 has me feeling a little less excited about my new 4340 shafts in my 30.........

Thanks guys.........
You should feel good about the wisdom of your investment. According to them, a 44 is no better than a 30 anyway.

I had a rear 60 on 32s :)

Back