What have you done to your rig today?

Great I will plan on camping Friday and wheeling sat as well.

To keep this thread on topic. Last night I installed some AEV geometry control arm drop brackets and a 1" spacer on top of my 2.5" TF springs.

Greased 16 ujoint caps for the last time!...and got the buggy loaded for the wknd. I get to tear my axles down when I get back, lucky me:shaking:
image.jpg

Got my little job finished, just in time for tomorrows Ride. Had a similar plan, for over a year, modified plan twice, & now, Done. Basically replaced my Old molding strips,on the bottom of my CJ. Primed behind my Rubicon fender flares, & had to trim a tad more. First pic is the Factory molding, which I had removed. Was going to plate with 6" width, but decided against it.

Attachments

• Big Creek March 2015 013.JPG
    Big Creek March 2015 013.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 343
  • EXTRAS 003.jpg
    EXTRAS 003.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 315
  • EXTRAS 004.jpg
    EXTRAS 004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 309
  • EXTRAS 002.jpg
    EXTRAS 002.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 366
  • EXTRAS 005.jpg
    EXTRAS 005.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 307
  • EXTRAS 006.jpg
    EXTRAS 006.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 357
  • EXTRAS 007.jpg
    EXTRAS 007.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 281
Replaced the huge, ugly muffler on the JK yesterday. Had a buddy custom make a system with the muffler ahead of the rear axle. What a difference!

Today I'll replace the rear driveshaft (thanks to Jason W) and install a Power Stop brake kit (pads and rotors) on the front.

Heading to the Gulches for the first time next weekend and will be ready!

Swapped out my leaking PS box for one that I hope doesn't leak. Changed the front shocks. Did the bolt thru mod to my motor mounts. Changed the oil. Now I just need to fix my front drive shaft and I should be ready for next weekend.

Not my rig, but installed some HID lights in my car and cleaned the lenses with toothpaste.
aimages.tapatalk_cdn.com_16_01_10_7cc97229c2da9694a27a268f0f6d2bfa.jpg

aimages.tapatalk_cdn.com_16_01_10_dfc8996d58f0e96c1d50b3d8fde847e4.jpg

By the time they dried they didn't look as good, but still a big improvement. Need to do it again with a grittier toothpaste and put wax over them after.

Drove mine to church today, needed to run Sits In the yard unless I'm wheelin. Checked ball joints and tie rod ends, just about shot. Lookin forward to big creek saturday.

Cut out drum backing plates for rear disc conversion. Installed discs, and 1.5 wheel spacers. Removed rear transfer case for twinstick install. Came to the harsh reality that it doesn't have 4.7 gears like the previous owner said. (No big deal, I usually assume the worst anyway). Scrapped Toby the ugly parts trickling yesterday. 760 lbs at 3 cent a pound= 22.00$. Ruined a perfect good brake booster.

Different rig, but pulled the Cummins 4B out of my brush chipper today, to figure out what that knocking noise was. I think I found it.
20160110_110515.jpg

I'm pretty sure if I use the high temp JB Weld it will hold up just fine.

I thought they're supposed to look like that.

Glad you caught it before it grenaded. Could have been expensive! Can't say I've seen that before. You might want to take the 5k gov spring back out.
Yeah, I've been thinking about the 6k springs anyway :p

Finally got to work again on the buggy...

Fabricated and installed a tool box under the cooler in the buggy with perforated metal

Overhauled the fuel cell. Removed rust inside the box, painted with POR15, painted black, new Walbro pickups, new fuel hose, new gaskets, new fittings, hard line cleaned out, etc.

Welded in the power steering cooler mount

Welded in the rear winch mount

Plumbed up the power steering

Welded in the rear view mirror

And a couple other little things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

image.jpg

Back