What have you done to your rig today?

tires mounted and Welderd hybrid cage ordered. Hoping to start the build end of April.

PXL_20240225_181854816.jpg

Had high ambitions tonight, not very good execution. Pulled the front diff to check for any issues after a rag was shot out of it on fire last week when I was welding a hydro assist tab to it, no issues, obviously if I didn't pull it a chunk of slag would have locked the diff up or it would have filled with water from a hole in the housing :laughing: Then got my ass handed to me pulling the steering box on and off 2 times and ill have to pull it again to trim some stuff. After that wrestled with pulling off knuckle studs, and installing ARPs, the old ones were being a PITA to get out, sucked up a ton of time. I came inside defeated and spent a bunch of money at surplus center and Amazon on hydraulic hoses and fittings for the hydro assist lol.

Removed horrible 3" body lift. Had right knuckle machined and installed hi-steer arm. WOD Aluminum tie rod , drag link ,new ball joints and tre, resealed steering box. 4 new soa springs. Moved rear axle back 1.5" and front axle forward 1.5" ,steering box relocation bracket. Barnes skid plate, PS rocker guards, Corbeau JP seats, jeggs harnesses, genright fenders , inner fenders , and flares. 35 spline outers , Yukon hardcore lockouts. Speaker boxes , amp. New soft top. Motobuilt stretch fuel tank and skid. Took me a few months, but she's ready to beat up the mall. Owned it for 10 years or so. Already had , tons , arbs, 5.38s....etc.
KIMG1255.JPG

Removed horrible 3" body lift. Had right knuckle machined and installed hi-steer arm. WOD Aluminum tie rod , drag link ,new ball joints and tre, resealed steering box. 4 new soa springs. Moved rear axle back 1.5" and front axle forward 1.5" ,steering box relocation bracket. Barnes skid plate, PS rocker guards, Corbeau JP seats, jeggs harnesses, genright fenders , inner fenders , and flares. 35 spline outers , Yukon hardcore lockouts. Speaker boxes , amp. New soft top. Motobuilt stretch fuel tank and skid. Took me a few months, but she's ready to beat up the mall. Owned it for 10 years or so. Already had , tons , arbs, 5.38s....etc.View attachment 414110
who did you get to machine the knuckle, and what high steer did you go with?

Removed horrible 3" body lift. Had right knuckle machined and installed hi-steer arm. Aluminum tie rod , drag link ,new ball joints and tre, resealed steering box. 4 new soa springs. Moved rear axle back 1.5" and front axle forward 1.5" ,steering box relocation bracket. Barnes skid plate, PS rocker guards, Corbeau JP seats, jeggs harnesses, genright fenders , inner fenders , and flares. 35 spline outers , Yukon hardcore lockouts. Speaker boxes , amp. New soft top. Motobuilt stretch fuel tank and skid. Took me a few months, but she's ready to beat up the mall.View attachment 414110
who did you get to machine the knuckle, and what high steer did you go with?
Sky manufacturing and their stud kit and arm. My front axle is a 96 Ford F350. I was worried the turn around would be forever, but it was only 2.5 weeks from me shipping it out to when it came back.

Sky manufacturing and their stud kit and arm. My front axle is a 96 Ford F350. I was worried the turn around would be forever, but it was only 2.5 weeks from me shipping it out to when it came baback.
I need to send mine to them. Was wondering if you had found another option

Decided to replace the unit bearing on the drivers side of my ram 2500 since it was starting to go out. The passenger side had been replaced already. The rotor ended up being seized to the factory bearing. The more alarming part was the break pads were just about brand new but the back of the rotor looked and felt like a record. So the front end got new pads and rotors on it. The passenger side came apart perfectly fine and had minimal grooving on the rotor. If I had to guess either the dealership or previous owner just slapped some pads on it.
20240317_115300.jpg

I decided to take the picture after I started removing the studs to keep as spares.

Decided to replace the unit bearing on the drivers side of my ram 2500 since it was starting to go out. The passenger side had been replaced already. The rotor ended up being seized to the factory bearing. The more alarming part was the break pads were just about brand new but the back of the rotor looked and felt like a record. So the front end got new pads and rotors on it. The passenger side came apart perfectly fine and had minimal grooving on the rotor. If I had to guess either the dealership or previous owner just slapped some pads on it. View attachment 414320
I decided to take the picture after I started removing the studs to keep as spares.
That's just more surface area for the pads to grab.

So this isn't a tech thread per se, just some motivation to keep us all slogging away on our junk. It's been very popular on a couple Bronco sites. Figured I'd plant this here.

Got the body tub installed on my 67'. A long way from done...
Working on a few things… I got my links setup this weekend and I do believe I’ve figured out my front coilover mounts.
I’m starting to think I should start a build thread. It has been a shitshow ever since I got behind the wheel of a Yota.
46E00D3F-7D88-4C38-A5B5-36F709E239CE.jpeg
421A8341-CA00-48F9-A68D-0B4CA0044EC1.jpeg

Bought my dad’s old truck from him a while back. 2000 F250, 7.3, extended cab, long bed. He replaced something in the steering column at some point and messed up the door chime. It chimed anytime the door was open regardless if the key was inserted. Drove me nuts. I finally fixed it today. Feels like a new truck. I can open the door and dig around behind the seat for tools and what not without that damn chime. It’s the little things. Victory.

Test drove it after all the work I have done on the front end, didn't die, and it drives pretty awesome. First time it's been out of the garage since the forum run at URE!
1000001938.jpg

Another day or two of fabricating and it will be ranch ready in a few weeks!

Back