What have you done to your rig today?

changed out the bad TPS in the 87 4runner, it runs like new now. :eek:

replaced the cracked exhaust manifold in the 98 xj, it's running much happier.

eagerly anticipating watching fuel mileage climb in both.

Not my truck but my dads. Replaced the wheel bearing again, new calipers, pads and rotors. This time we used timken wheel bearings instead of drive works ones. Hopefully these last alot longer before the wheel speed sensor goes out. Dried concrete mud is worst than red clay.
64dcf78dc32e01de96a48fb8834b2885.jpg
d27205d3cfd9d8235846a33854ddbeeb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Figured out the gas tank I Bought off eBay is actually for a 38-39 chevy car :mad:..but I did pick up this edelbrock intake yesterday and get it bolted on. Now on to find a matching single barrel Rochester.....and another gas tank

IMG_7125.JPG

Wheel bearing replacement on g.f.'s 5th gen 4runner.

20200216_152223.jpg

I f'ing hate rust more than anything on the planet!!

20200216_161215.jpg

You know you have wailed on a hub assembly for a while with a bfh when wheel studs you didnt hit fall out.....

Last edited:
Put the flywheel on and used a scotch brite pad to clean off the surface rust :rolleyes:. Bolted up the new clutch and pressure plate. Built a cradle for the transmission. Put the bellhousing back on the trans and prepped it for install. Cut the old doubler supports off of the trans crossmember, and rounded it all out by losing my shit on a front caliper rebuild. All in a day's work. Now I'm back in the house ordering another caliper rebuild kit and a new throw out bearing.

btw, if anyone has any neat tips for getting the dust boot on a 1 ton chevy front caliper please enlighten me.

Do you have emory cloth and caliper assembly lube? Sand the bore and the caliper with the Emory cloth, clean and lube the caliper and piston with the lube.
Slide boot over the piston and press down with a block of wood.
Stop halfway through and make a #BTL post.

The 1st of many needed new parts not on my crawler but on my 1999 jeep grand Cherokee WJ. As you can see the new head light bezzels we in desperate need of replacing. Next will be the front track bar , ball joints, windshield wiper fluid pumps, and new trans filter and seals
Resized_20200221_155645.jpeg
20200221_160810.jpg

Back