what bout 92 7.5L F350 dually??

mmmkay325

Just saw this on the side of the road and was kinda interested in it. It's a gasser I know, but how are the 7.5/460's??? The truck as 130,000, 2wheel drive auto and the guys says 4,500obo. You guys know any background on these that you would like to share??

I ran BRUISER's old tow rig for a couple months before I bought the '89 CTD...

it was a '92 F250 with a 7.5L gasser...but I think it was a late 70's model 7.5L...

he claimed he got 8-12MPG, towing or not...I checked it on a trip to Tellico, and got 4.5MPG towing through the mountains...

however, it would pull anything I hooked up to it, and towed at 55-60MPH up the mountains, keeping up with some of the diesels I was riding with...but with two tanks and a range of only 120 miles, it was killing me...

Greg

woww.......2tanks and only 120miles for both of them??.....ouuch!!!

yep...could get roughly 15-17 gallons, so about 30-35 total...

30gallons at 4MPG = 120 miles...:D

hopefully, yours is factory (meaning newer engine) and does better than that...the one in mine was an engine swap...

Greg

I used to have a 91 F350 Crew Cab Dually with the 7.5. I drove it from Cali out to here flat towing a 69 Chevy Long bed truck with the bed full of my tools and parts. I was averaging about 10 MPG. I just set the cruise control to 70 and let her rip. The cruise would kick off in the mountains, but it would never get below 55. I never did get to pull a trailer with it to see what kind of mileage that baby got. That thing would pull anything though.:driver:

Back