Wet Willys

family xj

We picked up this ol 53 Willys truck this past weekend in Gastonia. Not sure where the build is going to go yet. The plan now is get it Road worthy. Current set up is, 304 with 3 speed sitting on stock axles (drum brakes) and 32s. There is only a oil pressure guage and a Temp guage that I haven't seen work yet. It runs great so far but I haven't had it off the trailer. LOL Someone on here has a set of axles for a Chevy that I may get for it. May just keep it as is and make it run. I need to figure out how to hook up a fuel guage and Speedometer.

Anyone have an instrument cluster with speedometer and fuel guage?

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l64_Maysville1990_Willy.jpg

Take your willy's out an play with it

Nope I still got the Yota. Almost giving it away for $3k.

The bed looks like its all home made but its pretty well built. The cab has some rough metal replacements done. Its just a cool truck that I want to drive daily. If I get wipers working. LOL And I need Mufflers since there aren't any

I am jealous..

Don't know what all is done to your toy, but I think it be great to swap the willys body on to a yota SA frame/drivetrain

I thought about swapping it to the Yota but I want to sell the Yota. As I get to look closer at this thing I have found most everything is there. Just need it off the the trailer to see if it all works right. I have to get mufflers welded on it so it will pass inspection. Needs some woders toorr

If anyone has or knows where there are some Side windows that is one thing I need.

Also the guy I got this from has a panel wagon for sale. Said its rough and been sitting 30 years. LOL But he said make offer. There are no wondows either

I personally hope you don't cut on it to much and take away from its rare "complete" value. I hope you make a good resto mod build out of her. If you get bored with it can I have a shot at buying it? Purty please?

Finally got to drive this thing around the neighborhood. I have to address the throttle. Its really hard at first then just lets go and its really easy so its hard to take off smoothly my wife almost wiped out the neighbors mail box because it took off and she forgot it didn't have power steering. LOL

I don't plan to do very much to it. Going to convert the leafs from 1.75" to a 2.5" so I have more options and probably just a small lift. I am going to put my 35" boggers on it as well. On down the road stripping all the old paint and a paint job but thats not for a while.

Back