Volunteer Work Day "Trail Reports"?

trailhugger

Human Resources
Administrator
The work that has been accomplished on the recent volunteer work days at Uwharrie has been amazing! I know there's also been a lot of new and 'big' projects completed or underway.

We were talking, while down there last weekend for the jamboree, about putting together some information to help explain the work, sort of a trail report. The idea being that someone who has not been could see and better understand how (and why) a water bar or a corduroy, for example, is needed and constructed.

Do any of the clubs/groups have photos and someone willing to do a short description of the work your team has done on work days this year? Or would anyone be willing to document your work on the April work day? Even if you don't have complete photos of every step (you get busy doing the work!), it helps put things in perspective. Might even encourage more people to come out and help.

TIA

I think we could do a layout of the entire trails key points, how it should look, what has been fixed, areas that need attention with a description of whats needed.
Maybe each trail have a thread of its own. I think its a great idea and we(CTB) can documet daniel next workday.

Just a thought, I know Daniel has been a heavy focus this year, but we have seen many issues on other trails as well, some I just dont know who is currently adopting them. Maybe a trail/ adopted by who stickie would be good also.

Thanks, Jason and Darin, for all your hard work!

I like this idea a lot! Were you thinking of posting all of the work effort information here on the forum or trying to get some sort of independent site set up? I'm a technology nerd so if you would like or need any help on the latter please don't hesitate to let me know. :)

Shaggy

FOU is working on getting a site for all trails to be on just for this. It will have every trail in the woods on it. Horseback / hiking / mountain bike included.

FOU is working on getting a site for all trails to be on just for this. It will have every trail in the woods on it. Horseback / hiking / mountain bike included.

Cool deal! I suspect they have internal resources to get things done, but if they need any help have them get in touch with me.

@ trailhugger - I'm still a noob to the whole work day thing but have pics from the January and March ones that I'm happy to get to you if you'd like. I tend to go rabid with the picture taking wherever I go so can/will snap lots at future ones I'm able to attend as well...

Shaggy

My wife is the one working on the website and she is still learning word press so if you are smart on that she might have some questions for you. FOU website is getting ready to hopefully move and get even better as my wife gets smarter with Word Press.

My wife is the one working on the website and she is still learning word press so if you are smart on that she might have some questions for you. FOU website is getting ready to hopefully move and get even better as my wife gets smarter with Word Press.

I've worked with WordPress a fair bit, and deployed everything from static web pages through enterprise-level content management systems over the years... she's welcome to contact me if that would be helpful! :)

Shaggy

I guess I should explain why we are doing one with all trails. It is so if someone out there has a weekend free and can look at it and see that the horse people are working on something that the person with the day off could help with. Also for them to hopefully come help us so we can work together not against each other out there.

Back