Volunteer Trail Patrol

I agree with my brother (Lorenzo)
If you put yourself out there as a presence with NO authority with intention of overtly with getting someone in trouble you’re asking for a fight.
If you patrol the area with the intention of just helping people you’re going to get a more positive response. There is your opportunity to mentor others to do the hard right over the easy wrong. If necessary report them to the authority that can do something.
I was more impressed with leadership Lorenzo had when we went wheeling last. Everyone we passed he asked if they were okay. Had he not they would have just let us go by and they would have been lost longer. Since he asked they got out and asked for directions.

If you ever see anyone stopped (not just stopping to let you pass) the least you can do is ask if they are ok/need help. To my knowledge everyone I wheel with abides by this rule. Because you would want them to do the same thing if it was you stopped on the side of the trail/needing help etc. Even people that are stopping to let us buy I will talk to, especially on work days when we are stopping frequently.

I think a large sign is the best idea. A shirt and strobes is a bad idea unless you can carry a gun, and it better be a good costume. I will be able to get off 2 rounds in no more than 3 seconds in 95% of my living life. Blinded by strobes that are not blue and someone telling me to stop will cause a stand-off and I will not lower my weapon until I can see the threat.

JT where ya been? always like your comments.
and trail patrol is: :gay: if ya think it is supposed to be policing instead of assistance.

Think AAA or the CVS good samaritan vans around Charlotte HWYs.
And hell, is URE that fucking big we need trail patrol?
This ain Cali or Utah

Here is my take on patrol...On the last workday, while we were working on the trail, ATVs would pass by and we would try to locate trail passes. They are put in different places on the 4wheelers. I am too busy trying to navigate obstacles in my Heep, do trail maintenance and look for beer cans than to spot trail passes on muddy dirtbikes and 4wheelers.

I am all about a class or certification or something a person can take that will teach them about trail safety and trail rules and regulations and when completed is rewarded and identified by a sticker on that persons vehicle. Being identified by a sticker on the vehicle will let passer-by trail users that this person can help in most situations.

Back