Very unique vehicle up for auction...

awww.ncstatesurplus.com_ssp_invypics_YJDJO4JIHXP.jpg

1985 Eagle Dolly 85784 Bobtail Aircraft Tow Tug Model EBT-1811D44-12. Not running at this time.,SWB, Must be towed, flat tire,6.2 Diesel, **FOR OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY, TUG SOLD WITHOUT TITLE**. (CC&PS-LESS)

SH67HGF6IU3.jpg

All you would need is a set of front airbags and it would make a good snow plow.

Those are ZF axles, 4 wheel hydraulic steering, hub internal brakes, planetary hubs, 20 to 1, internal steering. Major Beef!

:beer::beer:
:beer::beer:

When I had seen these before, folks on ColoradoK5 or some site said these have no suspension on them. Like axles attached directly to frame, other than a slight pivot on the front axle like a farm tractor. But no springs and shocks.

And folks were scared of the 20:1 axle gear ratio. :rolleyes:

I'm bidding on it. :) If someone else gets it, sell me the doors cheap! I need a clean-ish set of manual doors for my K5 (want to lose my power windows, since my rig only sees 5% street use).

The axles are rated 3 tons and weigh about 800lbs each. They would be good for a buggy with really big tires.

The tugs themselves have virtually no suspension travel. They were only meant to be used on flat pavement. They have very small coil springs and big rubber blocks for suspension.

Yes, yes I would . . . .
btw these arnt the same zf planetary axles the monster trucks are using are they?

Same brand but smaller than the monster truck axles. These are about 74" wms to wms.

Back