Vehicle inspections

93redzj

It seems that each year I get to share a silly experience dealing with vehicle inspections. This years case, my 02 F250. Take it to my local place, that I’ve had good dealings with in past, they won’t pass the truck due to the passenger side head light needed adjustment and the high beam in driver side bulb doesn’t work (so they said)….so, confused and a little aggravated, I drove down the road to my second option. Passed without issue.

Only issue I had at second place is them trying to sell me on $1300 worth of fluid changes in the truck. Which I get, shops don’t make squat on inspections but damn, I feel sorry for single moms and grandmas that go there for a $15 service then get scared into $1300 worth of work needing done

I say this every time I take a vehicle for inspection:

I will vote for anybody, no matter what their jersey color is, that promises to eliminate state vehicle inspections.

AND if they successfully eliminate them, I will be a volunteer on their next reelection campaign.
Eh, there is definitely advantages. Coming from someone who runs a shop and does them. They are far worse on us than you. It’s literally a loss compared to any other job if done the way the state says to. Mainly do it just to maintain regular customers and fleets. But that being said since Nc has an annual inspection you can’t receive light bulb tickets and etc without a prior warning like other states. Plus if your cars up to par you have nothing to worry about. You should hang out at an inspection shop at the end of the month and see the death traps people want passed. But all in all eff the gov lol 😂 I don’t inspect mine nor renew my tags.

Eh, there is definitely advantages. Coming from someone who runs a shop and does them. They are far worse on us than you. It’s literally a loss compared to any other job if done the way the state says to. Mainly do it just to maintain regular customers and fleets. But that being said since Nc has an annual inspection you can’t receive light bulb tickets and etc without a prior warning like other states. Plus if your cars up to par you have nothing to worry about. You should hang out at an inspection shop at the end of the month and see the death traps people want passed. But all in all eff the gov lol 😂 I don’t inspect mine nor renew my tags.
The shop doing my inspection also mentioned they can no longer inspect motorcycles, claiming there is a new rule that a shop must own a motorcycle lift in order to properly do an inspection…..any info on that? Its the first I’ve heard of it and if it’s the case, that’s gonna extremely limit the places I can go for that

The shop doing my inspection also mentioned they can no longer inspect motorcycles, claiming there is a new rule that a shop must own a motorcycle lift in order to properly do an inspection…..any info on that? Its the first I’ve heard of it and if it’s the case, that’s gonna extremely limit the places I can go for that

That's always been a rule, but most places don't have them. Reading the whole inspection thing, I'm honestly not sure what in the actual checks needs a lift.

1707328380512.png

Problem around here has been finding a place to actually do the inspection. "We can fit you in three weeks from tomorrow. How's 10:30?"

That's always been a rule, but most places don't have them. Reading the whole inspection thing, I'm honestly not sure what in the actual checks needs a lift.

View attachment 412008
Guy told me the suspension has to be unloaded? Not sure what that’s all about, they’ve always just made sure the lights work and I think maybe the horn, tire tread and been good to go

It’s not that I’m worried about not passing, it’s the f’n hassle, time, and expense. But mainly the hassle and time. I’d gladly pay the state double the inspection fee to not have the time suck that is getting 3 vehicles and 1 motorcycle inspected.

You guys get inspections?
Can't renew registration without it, and an overdue registration will get you pulled over and a ticket around here.

Can't renew registration without it, and an overdue registration will get you pulled over and a ticket around here.
I’m rocking some 2018 plates on the daily lol 😂 may have jinxed myself but hell I work downtown greensboro.

I stand by my comment.

I think @Blaze just like the great Austin Powers, he too likes to live dangerously
Yep.

For reference, the ticket is cheaper than registration and taxes. Just sayin'.......

I stand by my comment.

Yep.

For reference, the ticket is cheaper than registration and taxes. Just sayin'.......

And it's just a fixit ticket.

Back