V8 radiator in YJ?

TeamSpatula

Another question about a YJ front clip - anyone running a V8 in one? What radiator are you using? I imagine the 6 cyl radiator is too small for a V8, so just wondering what would work, or what mods are needed to mount a different, larger radiator in there.
thanks,

Several places sale radiators for a V8 in a YJ. Novak conversions sales them but they cost a lot from them. I would talk to the local shops and see what they can do for you.

I talked to a local shop in Mount Airy called whitey's radiator and they said they could take the stock one and three core it. It was a cheaper alternative than a conversion aluminum radiator. But that was about two years ago.

I think Big Daddy sale radiators also but if you go buyng a new one made for a V8 conversion you will pay for it or at leastthat has been my experience.

I'm working on a TJ right now that has a 305, and it has a stock 4-cyl. radiator. He says its enough:shaking: I have a summit AL rad. with plates welded on the tanks to mount it with. Seems like its 23 in. wide.

Alot cheaper than conversion rad.

Back