Uwharries Edge

Zebbie

There is some talk about private land called uwharries edge on the upcoming Jamboree tread. Does anyone know anymore info about this property after the Jamboree?

There is some talk about private land called uwharries edge on the upcoming Jamboree tread. Does anyone know anymore info about this property after the Jamboree?

I won't speak for Scott, but the general idea is not to release too much information on the land to prevent it from becoming a spoiler for the trail rides on the land during the Jamboree. I have been down the trail and I can say it will be worth the wait to see in person during the Jamboree. Heck, access will be free for the Jamboree so you have virtually nothing to loose. Scott and crew have put a lot of work into the trail(s) to make it accessible to full size rigs, and a guided tour of the trail(s) down there during the Jamboree will be well worth it.

Off topic, but what kind of horse is that in your avatar?

It was our English Mastiff "Buddy ". He passed away last year from a heart attack at 3 years old. Still looking for another just like him. He was 235 lbs.

Very nice!! Thanks for the info. If Scott sees this thank you for all your hard work! It really sucks i cant make it opening weekend to check it out. Im very excited for the new trails to open so i hope it is soon.

There will be guided tours out to the property form the training center out in front of the outpost, The land is very diverse in that there is lots of oppurtunity for fishing,swimming,camping and panning. The tour is to be able to introduce you to the land.

The plan right now is to operate Uwharries Edge year round as a daily user fee park with The Outpost selling passes. Cost of passes and actual opening date are still to be determined.

The plan right now is to operate Uwharries Edge year round as a daily user fee park with The Outpost selling passes. Cost of passes and actual opening date are still to be determined.

The Outpost was handing out flyers for Uwharries Edge this weekend stating the trails were open and the passes were $5 a day.

Duane

Outpost is the gas station on hwy 109. I think it is a bp. Not 100% on that. It is the one right across the street from uwharrie stables.

It is open on Saturday. I'm pretty sure until 7pm.

That is great news ure edge is open. Thank you Duane for the info!!

Uwharries Edge will be open this weekend. $5 per day right now as we opening more trails all the time. Price will go up! Passes available at physical store www.EldoradoOutpost.com . Working on a trail opening Friday and Saturday, but you can still ride.

was at uwharrie today and took a look at some great camp sites. looking foward to going. went by the outpost and talked with the lady about uwharries edge. not sure if anyone knows.....she didnt either, but if i get the pass is there spots to camp off the trail. and earlier post by jason W. said that there would be camping. not sure if its ready for camping yet since it just opened. Can a stock zj make it threw? or is it a harder trail?

I went on it this weekend. There is about a 150' stretch of trail that was super thick and deep with mud That would get you hung up on a stock anything.

I went on it this weekend. There is about a 150' stretch of trail that was super thick and deep with mud That would get you hung up on a stock anything.

That is very soon to be fixed, Im sure Scott fields will chime in on this. The whole stretch near the river is going to be filled with rock.

That grin Scott had talking to me about that section had me worried, then watching him driving the tractor through it and almost getting stuck didn't help. I know Scott said they would be filling it in, but that was one nasty mud hole. Something to consider also if you are heading down there, if you are in a full size rig (K5 Blazer/Bronco etc or bigger) you might have some issues. There are a number of tight spots still that took some "3 point turnage" even for my little Raider. I know that is another thing being worked on, and has improved over time but its still something for the full size guys to consider.

The property right now, is only open on a "very limited basis" to the public. No camping as of yet. Contact me
for more info. Uwharrie4w@aol.com 336-906-1644

DON'T just head down there thinking you can get on the property!

Sorry, we were hoping to have it ready (OPEN) by now!

I had an opportunity to see and ride these new trails this past weekend in my side by side. I was even lucky enough to get a guided tour from Scott himself. The main trail runs along the river and makes for a beautiful and very peaceful ride. A couple of pretty wild mud holes are there for some excitement too! The other trail we got to ride is wide, rock free, and has some huge hills. It's short riding right now but Scott and his team are doing a great job and I can't wait to watch this grow and see the new trails come alive. Thanks Scott. We had a blast!

I had an opportunity to see and ride these new trails this past weekend in my side by side. I was even lucky enough to get a guided tour from Scott himself. The main trail runs along the river and makes for a beautiful and very peaceful ride. A couple of pretty wild mud holes are there for some excitement too! The other trail we got to ride is wide, rock free, and has some huge hills. It's short riding right now but Scott and his team are doing a great job and I can't wait to watch this grow and see the new trails come alive. Thanks Scott. We had a blast!

Ah that was you (and you wife/gf?) that rode with us Saturday afternoon. I was in the red Dodge Raider right behind Scott, and a friend of mine Roy was in the Black Toyota.

Thanks and nice meeting you both!

Back