Uwharrie Workday May 18th

Creeper38

TrailheadZ club will be set up at the UORTC campground with food and drinks for the volunteers.
I myself will be camping there all that weekend, so stop in and chat with us a bit before or after you're done working. :gitrdun:

We will also have t-shirts, decals, and smaller items for sale as well.
If you are volunteering for the workday, please give me a heads up here on this post so I will have an idea how much food will be needed. Thanks a lot.

I understand Snappy normally does this for the volunteers, so since he will not be there we thought it was a good idea to keep up the "tradition".

:bronco:

Awesome thanks for doing this.

Ps ill be there

I won't be there but thanks for stepping up and providing food. Hope y'all have a successful workday.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Here is the news from Terry from the USFS. This is just the beginning. I am sure Snappy will have more to add later.

Hi Everyone – For the May 18th work weekend I’d like to focus on finishing up the installation of the straw bales. I won’t be working on that weekend as I’ll just be getting home from Asheville. Either Pete, Jeff or De will be meeting with you all at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp.

CORE – Dutch John Trail – If you’re coming up for this work weekend let me know asap so I can get the supplies of cable and logs together for you to repair the corduroy log crossings. I haven’t had a chance to get the logs or cable yet and if you’re coming up for May 18th I’ll get them next week so they’re here in time.

For the rest of the clubs and trails the general plan will be to continue with the installation of straw bales and clearing and brushing back of the trails and picking up trash. I’m getting more straw bales delivered on May 16 or 17th to the pole shed at the Arrowhead Campground spray field. If you have pickup trucks and trailers that can haul the straw to the trailheads and onto the trails please bring them. Also, if anyone is chainsaw certified and has their equipment and protective gear and can make it this work day please let me know and I’ll let you know what trails might need your attention. Meet 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp.

Please let me know what clubs and about how many members will be coming up for the May 18th work weekend so I can coordinate with our FS folks. I’ll probably have them bring their chainsaws too so if there are hazard trees or standing trees that need to be taken down I’ll have them do it.

Pete, Jeff, Rodney & De – Please let me know of your availability to work with the OHV volunteers on May 18th. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate your help. Bye - Terry

I sent a request for 20 logs for the bridges and 100ft of cable with clamps also.

I also sent a request for our bridge also. But it will be at a later one I think. But I put a request in for straw and stakes for our trail this go round .

I will be there +3

I will be there. We at CB4x4 and CORE both look after Dutch John. I don't think either club will have a large turnout, but if we can get the supplies and the help, it would be nice to fix the log crossings. Spoke with snappy about it already. We will need help getting the logs there and set in place. We'll need the gas drill too.

Thanks for volunteering the food. Not sure we will make it over there. Can it be set up at the double parking if you are doing lunch?

Was a pretty good turn out today. I can only speak for Wolfden, but we got all the bales out and were about 20 stakes shy of getting them all staked in also. Also found out we need to work on our log bridge sooner than later now. It has gotten really torn up in the past few weeks. Gonna have to get a new cable for the one side first though.

We used almost all the straw bales today on the trails that were worked on today, maybe about 7-10 left at the spray fields.

Back