Uwharrie Trail Workday #24, June 16th

Will You Be Attending?

• Total voters

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
I haven't heard much about this workday, minus the fact we probably won't be doing a Bobcat rental (the next one won't probably be until Fall when it starts to cool down). What I do know is that Summer is a busy time for the Forest Service so you just never know what might happen with fires etc. Either way we get as much done as we can, if it be a light load workday or heavy load there is always plenty to do.

SCHEDULE:
Breakfast: 8AM @ Outpost (We usually sit in the back)
Hunt Camp Meeting: 9AM
Lunch: 1PM +
Wrap up Work: 3PM +

Here is the news from the FS.

Hi Everyone – The summer months are here & I know a lot of people are traveling and it is getting very hot out there. For the June 16th work weekend there will be no big projects & no FS employees working with you. I would like you all to focus on your trails and to do trash pickup along the trails & at any empty dispersed camping area. Also, please dig out the tail ditches with shovels & rakes to get the water off the trails. Put up orange diamonds and make sure to put the trail numbers on them & make sure not to put the orange diamonds on any new bypasses or short cuts. We need to keep the trail corridors where they are designated & keep them marked properly so riders know where they should really be riding.

Please sign up with Janet or email me with your work hours so we can keep track of them. I appreciate all of your hard work this year & continue to enjoy working with you on keeping the trails open for the motorized community. Bye

Hey guys Just joined the forums and im gonna bring the family out to help with this work day if it is alright they will stay in the rig while i do the work so the wife should be happy just let me know what i should try to bring and ill grab what i can

Any type of Hand tools is good. And bring eye protection / gloves.

I'll miss this one too Eli. Will be in Aiken with my Family from Florida the next two weekends.

Eli, any clue yet as to your plans ?

Sorry for my delayed reply but I wanted to make sure I talked with Terry Savery before replying. In addition to trash pickup and trail diamonds, we will have the Carsonite sign stuff with us to put up signs, and we will be doing trail inventory also. 2 easy things that can actually be "fun" to do.

I am planning on being up there for breakfast, hopefully others will join us for breakfast at the outpost. Just incase people go to the hunt camp I will stop by there and hang out for 15 minutes or so to make sure we don't miss anyone then head up to Arrowhead.

Between my ride at Golden Mtn., & overtime at my job, I haven't been online much. Actually thought I saw a post of workday Next Sat. I know that was off regular schedule. Sorry, I'm missing another one!

Back