Uwharrie Trail Work Day #6, September 18th

Will you be attending Work Day #6?

• Total voters

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
Again here is the plan for the September work day based on what we know right now:

WORK LOAD:
We can be guaranteed there will be trash pick up, trail diamonds/markers to put up, and drainage ditches to shovel out.

The contractors should be done with at least Rocky Mountain Loop by the next work day. At that point they should be working on Falls Dam. There is a good chance we will be putting up guard rail on Rocky Mnt. Loop. But nothing has been confirmed yet.

SCHEDULE:

8AM - OUTPOST BREAKFAST
9AM - MEET AT HUNT CAMP
1PM - 1:30PM - LUNCH AT THE DOUBLE PARKING LOT
3PM - PENDING THE GROUP MORE TRAIL WORK AND/OR TRAIL RIDES

LODGING:

As always there will be free camping offered for the volunteers. There are Cabin rentals available in the area for those not interested in camping.

FUTURE/OTHER WORK:

Right now everything his hinging on what to contractors do/don't do to the trails. If we end up with a ton of guard railing to put up it will take away time from other possible work projects. We do need to set up an information tent/canopy for the October work day and possibly the November work day. So this will be something that we will be looking into.

Other stuff like road work, campground maintenance, parkinglot upkeep, etc is on the back burner till we know more about the immediate work load. :beer:

I'll be there as usual, weather permitting of course(it's not fun doing what I do in the rain!)

I'm going to try my best to attend. I'll know better when it gets closer to the date. I really like the idea of trail maintenance. Its ashamed, I've never been to Uwharrie even though I grew up only 25 minutes away.

Just found out today I have to work that Saturday. CRAP!!! So I won't be there....this time.

Got my CB INSTALLED! Whoooo. So Terry, if you don't mind bring your swr calibration doodah.

As for the shovel replacement, I dunno. I may have it a bit longer, maybe not.

I'll keep it in the Burban if anybody else wants to use it also. In one of the tech threads they are talking about this subject and also has a link that might help as well.

Yall, I got the CB in and the new tt skid arrives the 14th. Send positive vibes my way so I can get it in before the Workday!

If I do, will I still be the shoveler?

Depending on how long the group decides to work there will be a Volunteer meeting after lunch. If we don't head back out to do more work it will be immediately after lunch. Don't worry it won't be too extremely lenghty, but it will be a time to ask questions, get answers, share ideas, etc. :beer:

REMINDER: BRING A CHAIR! WE can always use chairs.:beer:

fourth workday in a row! whoooo.

Whats the deal with the free camping? Do I just stop by and talk to Janet? what if she is not there? Let me know dude it's suppose to be nice friday night so I think I will go up and sleep in my jeep.

Whats the deal with the free camping? Do I just stop by and talk to Janet? what if she is not there? Let me know dude it's suppose to be nice friday night so I think I will go up and sleep in my jeep.

Usually I let Janet know how many people will be needing free camping. Then she will see how many sites they have open, and works accordingly. I was thinking about heading out there Friday night and sleeping in my truck, I am still up in the air on it. Beyond that when you stop in talk with Janet, and confirm with her what site you will be staying at etc.:beer:

Usually I let Janet know how many people will be needing free camping. Then she will see how many sites they have open, and works accordingly. I was thinking about heading out there Friday night and sleeping in my truck, I am still up in the air on it. Beyond that when you stop in talk with Janet, and confirm with her what site you will be staying at etc.:beer:
I just wanted to check because I don't know how late I will be getting there I don't plan on getting there to early and she might be asleep by the time I get there. So if you want to give her a heads up I plan on being there Friday night I would appreciate it.

I might be up for camping Fri nite. Depends on if I get the shovel on before Friday. (I might).

What is on the work agenda for this weekend? If there is nothing more than trash pickup on the work list, I believe I might pass this one for another event.

Please post up some info. :popcorn:

Was talkin about riding up with my brother this weekend, but it doesn't seem much like my jeep will be done, took it out on a local trail this weekend and cracked my steering bracket, I can't weld so gotta get a buddy to do it when he has some free time... Would probably come up friday night and camp if we make it, probably be in a blue xj on 33's.

Still unsure on if we will make it, up in the air because friends have NHRA tickets for the weekend, figured I would post up incase it mattered at all to know in advance.

What is on the work agenda for this weekend? If there is nothing more than trash pickup on the work list, I believe I might pass this one for another event.
Please post up some info. :popcorn:

Sorry I don't have any definite news. Last time I talked to Terry she was waiting to do trail inventory to see where/if we could put up guard railing on Rocky Mnt Loop. With the contractors being out there it seems there is a ton of confusion going around. Especially last work day when they had the trail blocked off in 4 places (well 3 after we got done).

Usually we have a trail work day email from her by now. I will be talking to Janet tomorrow to see is she has any news. I have left messages for Terry and emails since then so hopefully Janet knows something (she always does).

Appreciate the reply, Eli. I believe I will head for The Flats this weekend. Perhaps the planning for October will be a little better. :shaking:

Eli, what about "bet ya can't eat just one!" Old Lay's Potato chip ad!

Back