Uwharrie Spring Run April 30 - May 2, 2010

Had a good time out, we were on our way to the top of daniels when the red xj in our group broke his tierod and draglink. Took us a couple of hours to get him outta the woods, but we managed. It was good to finally get out and do some trail riding after this crappy winter!

It was a good weekend. Sorry I was not up for the trail run during the day on Saturday.

Thank you Jimmy for letting me ride "tugger" Saturday Night. Looking forward to our next trip.

so like I said we had an AWESOME time at URE this weekend here are some pics!
DSC00415.jpg
[/IMG]
Chris's toyota tacoma lift kit,35" procomps and factory E-locker he took this thing everywhere!!
DSC00416.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00428.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00433.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00437.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00520.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00534.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00535.jpg
[/IMG]
2wd toyota tacoma w/e-locker he really wanted to wheel it and it was his first time!!
DSC00558.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00562.jpg
[/IMG]
Im sure you guys remember this from I think petersons offroad magazine!!Awesome yota!
DSC00569.jpg
[/IMG]
Daniel's(eagleswarrior) yota!We didnt get many pics of his yota because I led him up dickey bell friday night lol maybe not the best idea but it wasnt too bad just bent some tierods.
DSC00575.jpg
[/IMG]
Daniels awesome motorcycle camper!
DSC00580.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you Jimmy for letting me ride "tugger" Saturday Night. Looking forward to our next trip.

you know,it's a shame that here a young woman isn't afraid to ride in ole Nellie Belle but yet if I offer for a male to ride,they go off with their tail between their legs.Wassup wid dis?Xenia,anytime you wanna ride,just hop in and we'll go.

man i'm loving the pictures you posted ben... i know that PR took a whole lot more so post em up or email them to me... BTW my yota looks so pathetic on that huge rock when yours is all the way at the damn top of it... you suck!!!

it wasnt too bad just bent some tierods.
[/IMG][/IMG]

for your info, lol, its a little more complicated then that unfortunately...So far, I'm up to new tie rods and tie rod assemblys, cv boot kits left and right, idler arm, relay rod, pittman arm, the inner & outer bearings and the dampener assembly...Equaling $838.54 for just parts :handed: NOW things like the bearings and dampener and crap like that needed to be replaced anyways...man I don't know how I done this but the relay arm was pushed all the way up in the frame and was rubbing the oil pan and bout put a hole in it...I should have NEVER drove it back to Fayettenam like it was...with my hand even, I can move the front left tire back and forth...and even driving it I could feel the play in it...SOOO with all this said, If I have this stuff done within the next week or so...Should be ready for a trip soon Ben!! :D

WOW,sorry to hear that man figured it might be a little more than tierods as far as being able to move the tire back and forth i figured on that one man especially driving it back that far like that but what can ya do!

So I say forget wasting all that money on those parts you need to go ahead and SAS it now,this is the perfect reason to do it.I know you said u wanted to keep it like it is but if yu have to spend that much already I would cutt it all off and SAS it for sure but if you dont you will be kicking yourself later!lol

WOW,sorry to hear that man figured it might be a little more than tierods as far as being able to move the tire back and forth i figured on that one man especially driving it back that far like that but what can ya do!
So I say forget wasting all that money on those parts you need to go ahead and SAS it now,this is the perfect reason to do it.I know you said u wanted to keep it like it is but if yu have to spend that much already I would cutt it all off and SAS it for sure but if you dont you will be kicking yourself later!lol
Problem with that is A) If I replace what I need now, It'll be done and back ready to drive by Friday...SAS would take a couple of months to get everything, and try to find the time to do the work...PLUS, doing the SAS I would need gears and all that crap to finish it off which is even more money...I'm gonna put this one back factory in the front end and steering linkage and find a beater Toyota Pickup to buy and do the SAS!!

where is the jeep love??? I know you got some pics of some jeeps ben! lol

where is the jeep love??? I know you got some pics of some jeeps ben! lol
The jeep broke before we could get the camera out!! lol...actually it broke when it pulled up to the campsite...hadn't even touch the trails yet:shaking: lol...just kiddin Wade...That thing did awesome especially for your first time wheelin it!! Shoot, you had it up that first ledge at Daniels and just slid down slightly too much when you let off...

I got some Jeep Vids on the way, I'm trying to get them edited now.

cool, i got some pics too, ill try to get them up soon.

Hey jason you know im not a jeep guy but I love your rig man!!and if it had to be a jeep from helping the yota roll over I would rather it be you hahaha!Heres ya the pics i got,the ol cj we had with us didnt last long like daniel said on the first ledge of daniel he broke his u-joint in half.
DSC00459.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00460.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00506.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00503.jpg
[/IMG]

The jeep broke before we could get the camera out!! lol...actually it broke when it pulled up to the campsite...hadn't even touch the trails yet:shaking: lol...just kiddin Wade...That thing did awesome especially for your first time wheelin it!! Shoot, you had it up that first ledge at Daniels and just slid down slightly too much when you let off...

Funny Daniel. At least I made it there before dark Friday (although the night ride was the best) I had a blast climbing that hill Friday night......Oh yeah, where was your rig? :fuck-you:

Haha! Just messin. I didn't get many pics cause I was having too much fun driving! :driver: Anyway, here are a few I got.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

man that does look bad wade!!Didnt understand that all the ubolts broke off thats crazy!
DSC00519.jpg
[/IMG]
who needs link suspension when you got leafs without bumpstops haha!
DSC00536.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00521.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally got my video edited. The Daniel video is a little blurry, I think someone smudged the lens, but it still pretty good.
Enjoy...

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd111_roxmud_th_URE5_1_10FallsDam.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd111_roxmud_th_URE5_1_10Daniel.jpg

Back