Uwharrie shut down due to government shut down?

dirtyjeeper

I Broked Sometin
I was thinkin of makin a trip down but just thought that uwharrie is probably affected by the shut down.

Am I right?

This is from Terry at the Forrest service
Chris – The Uwharrie NF office will be closed starting this afternoon. All of the trails on the UNF will remain open. The vendors will still be able to sell the OHV Trail passes. The campgrounds will be closed effective at 2 pm on Thursday, October 3rd. That is for all of the campgrounds on the UNF. Thank you for your help. Bye - Terry

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
District Recreation Staff Supervisor
National Forests in North Carolina
Uwharrie National Forest

Does that mean there will be no rangers policing the forest??

Does that mean there will be no rangers policing the forest??[/quote
No, Officer Foote will still be on patrol...... Basicaly no camp grounds open and no extra stuff from the FS. I am getting the OK to carry on with our work day....

So whats happens if you already had reservations at arrowhead campground? refund or just a lost of money? just wondering as (possibly) others and I have had a site reserved for a couple months now.

Snappy, that is good to hear, thanks for checking.

Couldn't imagine this would last more than a couple of days.

I hope it last as long as necessary to keep the health care act from progressing to much farther...

So whats happens if you already had reservations at arrowhead campground? refund or just a lost of money? just wondering as (possibly) others and I have had a site reserved for a couple months now.

Not sure, I will inquire tomorrow and see what I can find out...

That is a very good question that I am wondering myself. I hopefully will be OK as mine are in Nov. Tried to contact Terry myself and had no luck. I would ask Janet but that is kinda hard tight now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Supposedly refunds are handled by the reservation service itself. I don't believe they are automatic though, you have to request it. We will see as we had group camp reserved this weekend.

Dispersed camping in the forest should still be fine.

So what is the plan for the Uwharrie Fall Jamboree next weekend? Will they have camping available at the stables if Arrowhead Campground is still closed? Is there a back up plan in place? We have a fairly large group coming and we have reservations at Arrowhead which will be a no go if they (our gov't) don't get something figured out by then.

This is such shit...We lose our freedoms because our government can't work out their shit and get anything done. I don't think they should get paid when they are "shutdown". No work, no pay! That is what happens to me when I don't work. Sorry off of my rant! I love the Arrowhead Campground so hopefully they'll get their shit straight by next weekend.

The Jamboree itself is still a go. That is on private property though. For the mountain festival I have no earthly clue. I have heard the trails are staying open during this but till I see it or someone else confirms it I do not have a warm and fussy. And then how long can they keep them open for till someone above them freaks out.

Trails are still open and the outpost is still selling passes. Only the campgrounds are closed at the moment.

I know this shutdown may mess up a few plans here and there but I'm willing to make a few sacrifices in the short run if it will help to get rid of Obamacare which will hurt us way on into the future. It sucks I know to not have the campgrounds but bigger things are at stake right now. That being said I'm still planning on going to the jamboree and maybe camp on the trail if plans that weekend work out.

I know this shutdown may mess up a few plans here and there but I'm willing to make a few sacrifices in the short run if it will help to get rid of Obamacare which will hurt us way on into the future. It sucks I know to not have the campgrounds but bigger things are at stake right now. That being said I'm still planning on going to the jamboree and maybe camp on the trail if plans that weekend work out.
This!!!!!!!

scared to death!!!!!

Back