Uwharrie LEO Side by SIde fund.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
As most of you folks know there is an issue out on the trails of URE.

My wife is trying to fix it by getting a vehicle for Charles to be able to ride in with Bluff out there. It has been approved by Charles big bosses to get him a vehicle. It has to be new, it has to have a 10 year shelf life, and it has to be able to transport Bluff.

We have a good idea of what we would like to see him get. It will need to be something like the new Honda Pioneer 1000 4 seater. It will have a dog box in the back, it will also have everything it needs for him to be able to go out and patrol the trails for us to get them back in shape.

We have a go fund me account set up for this. Please think about contributing to it. Numerous clubs have stepped up but we are still way shy of the goal. I will post a link here in the bottom of this so you can keep an eye on it.

If for some reason we do not make it to where we need we will refund all moneys back to the donors.

Thanks folks.
Darin

Click here to support Friends of Uwharrie LEO Project by Robin Long Touw

I have no idea how funds are allocated within the forest service. How does Brown MT have SXS for their rangers as well as cameras up through out the park? the other thing I noticed while there was the amount of "outlaw" trails that have been blocked by really nice looking wooden post with cables run through them, they look like they belong , not some hoopty, ghetto looking guardrails running all through the forest.

I can answer most of your questions.

I do not know how Brown mountain does. Who runs that park ? Ie state ?

Our goal is to come up with a much better trail blocking off way , like the cable you speak of, but the powers that be did not like that idea. Once we get new powers in there we hope to get them on board with better ideas like this.

I personally know Terry has brought up the cable thing more times than I can count.

Now the Leo project vehicle.

The USFS is not supportive of it. BUT. The Leo side is very supportive of it and wants it. I am talking above Officer Foote. Way above him.

So it has been blessed off on by the powers to be that he can have it out there. Had a big meeting about this last night and about 10 club presidents were there asking good questions and getting good answers from Foote.

HTH.

Darin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back