Uwharrie 6/17

bigwaylon

not a big turnout, but lots of good wheelin'...

Day One had seven Jeeps...

we ran up Daniel...took a left on Slab Pile and then a left on Dutch John...everybody ran down Dutch John and we had lunch at the bottom of the big hill...

several took turns running up and down the big hill on Dutch John, and then we departed by going up Dutch John...then left on Slab Pile...then right on Sawmill...

took Sawmill to Rocky Mountain Loop and hung a right, to take us to the top of Kodak...everybody went down it, but a few of us turned around to run up it and then back down...

took Rocky Mountain Loop back down to Daniel, and rode Daniel back out to the parking lot...

took a couple hours off to grill burgers and sit around chattin'...

hit the trails again around 9pm for a short night run...up Daniel again (to make sure we didn't get into some unfamiliar territory), then a right on Rocky Mountain Loop, out to the access road...I headed home from there, and the rest headed back to camp...

Day Two for me consisted of attending my first work day...spent several hours clearing Dickie Bell and picking up trash...

While I was at Hunt Club waiting for the rest of the volunteers, I saw the rest of the crew (unfortunately, I couldn't guilt any of them into joining me, but they'll learn someday :confused: ) hit the trails...no idea what they got into, so we'll let them tells those stories...

I heard them on the CB every once in a while...our day wasn't too bad...did have to winch one guy off a tree while we were stopped for a quick lunch...

pics are here:

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery/Uwharrie-6-17-05?page=1

there are around 180 pics and 2 video clips...the first thing you'll see listed, though, is another sub-album that has the 28 pics my dad took... also have 2 hours of video that I need to get a copy of from my dad (his first trip out with me)...

Greg

I know it is just URE but damn leave the little bit of roll protection supplied intact....

Attachments

• roll.jpg
    roll.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 442
scarface said:
I know it is just URE but damn leave the little bit of roll protection supplied intact....

I like the zebra :D

the Zebra guy was in the parking lot when we got there...had nobody to ride with, so we told him to just get in line...

we almost watched him roll it once...didn't have a lot of flex, or ground clearance...but was a really friendly guy from Wilmington...

the guy in the black Sahara bought that Jeep two months ago and said he spent $5K the next week on stuff...

getting ready to spend some more after damage on Saturday...I didn't ride with them since I was doing clean-up stuff, but here's the report I got:

one version:

john was playing at Kodak rock and bent his belly skid (the stock one) and it pushed his tranny up causing the shift pin to disconnect and making it nearly impossible to shift into 1st. And one of his hiem (sp) joints on his steering popped out so they converted it back to the stock form.

a second version:

John Moul had MAJOR damage. He got stuck and tried to winch up but his Mile Marker winch just was not able to do the job and quit.

I was the only other one with a winch so I doubled lined my 9000i Warn and pulled him up. The factory belly pan got bent upwards so much his transmission would not work. The rear axle tube and everything else shifted to the left so when you looked at the rear drive shaft it was off at and angle, the upper control; arms were off at an angle, etc.

maybe I'll convince him to lose the t-case drop and the 3" BL when he starts repairs... :D

Greg

Back